Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cwc362, Mar 1, 2009.

1. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I don't think it matters a whole lot. I have gotten some nice chickens from Murray McMurray.

2. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

Look at the breeder flock videos on the pages for those breeds.

Buff Brahma Bantam
    Golden Seabright
    Silver Seabright

Like everybody I'm sure, they do better with some breeds than others.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. almachick

almachick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2014
    Central Missouri
    I've been reading through this thread in anticipation. I just got the call from cackle that my chicks are leaving tonight. I ordered 2 surprise specials, requesting no turkeys, and1 hungry man. I can hardly wait! I only live 3 hours away but since I was calving and lambing I didn't get to drive down to pick them like I hoped. So...I have to wait. Trying to stay patient while so excited...

1 person likes this.
  4. Serenity30

Serenity30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2013
    Southern Louisiana
    Our second surprise is on its way. Weighing 5lbs. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. dealfinder500

dealfinder500 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2013
    Stupid question here, but where does it show you the weight? I just checked mine, it says Dispatched to Sort Facility for the status with the tracking #, but I don't see where on the USPS site or the auto e-mail from Cackle where it says the weight.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it. You have to click the link to the Endicia website and then click Shipping Information. I had gone right to the USPS website.

Mine weighs 5lbs. :)

Uh oh... tracking says estimated delivery is Thursday. That's cutting it close to the 3 day mark AND we're supposed to get a foot of snow Wednesday night (and it was 55 degrees today!). Here's hoping they get here ok.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  6. SlipsWife

SlipsWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    That's going to be a lot of chicks! I can't wait to see what you get!
    That's what mine was this last time [​IMG]

Mine always shows 3 days but its always here in 2. You might want to call Cackle to verify.

7. almachick

Jan 15, 2014
    Central Missouri
    I got my wake up call from the post office today. I counted 98 chicks, 5 ducks, and 1 turkey. The ducks are 2 khaki and 3 rouens (sp?) Not at all sure about the chicks or turkey yet.

8. almachick

Jan 15, 2014
    Central Missouri
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Okay, so any help to what is what is greatly appreciated. I am thinking there are quite a few Old E which would be fantastic. Wish there would have been a polish or something...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  9. dealfinder500

dealfinder500 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2013
    Awesome! I can't wait to get mine. The availability list seemed to indicate a lot of Old English Game Birds left, so I'll probably get a bunch of those, too :) I'm hoping for lots of ducks. I was hoping for geese, too. But it doesn't say they have any available.

10. almachick

Jan 15, 2014
    Central Missouri
    I was hoping for geese too...A little bummed I didn't get any, but the oe and 5 ducks made up for it. Not so sure about the turkey, but my husband was thrilled about it I told him that could be his project. Funny thing is he is a little scared of birds in general. Lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by