Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cwc362, Mar 1, 2009.

1. SlipsWife

SlipsWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    There will be some that are obvious, some won't be. Last year our turkens were small, I would have sworn they were bantams but Cackle doesn't sell bantam turkens. At some point they caught up with the others and are definitely not bantams! [​IMG]

Anytime I have a question on some I usually wait a couple of weeks, its usually easier to tell by then.

2. jc12551

jc12551 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    well I am a vegetarian and all my friends are vegetarian so broilers and bb turkeys would just die a useless death so I ask that they not send me any if possible. Waterfowl are pretty easy to sell around here but you can't give chickens away if you hit the wrong time of year!

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    You seemed to be complaining that you wanted more ducks with your surprise. It does not hurt to ask when ordering the surprise. They can easily put in some ducks, if that is what you want.

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    A chipmunk look could be a many different breeds. Maybe Brown Leghorn, Red Jungle Fowl, Welsummer, etc.

5. dealfinder500

dealfinder500 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2013
    My order will be shipping tomorrow, I'm excited!

Now, does Cackle e-mail me the tracking #, or will they call with it?

1 person likes this.
  6. Serenity30

Serenity30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2013
    Southern Louisiana
    You will receive a email by the end of the day tomorrow with a tracking number. My second surprise ships tomorrow :) Can't wait.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. CGinJCMO

CGinJCMO Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    Cole County Missouri
    Normally I'd say yes but TSC had a tub of "Assorted Bantams" that I don't believe really are bantams because they were just as big as the "Assorted Pullets" bin.

CG

8. Fetch33

Fetch33 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013

I got a phone call Wednesday saying they would be delivered Friday. I don't remember any other communication other than the post office calling at 530 in am on Friday.

9. hope4rainbow

hope4rainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    . The Asst Bantams bin here is only Silkies lol.

10. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Would you guys all mind helping me out?? I know this is off the original topic, but thought you might not mind.

Our 4-H leader has been telling the kids ,if they want to order from a hatchery to order from Cackle, as they have the best quality of all the hatcherys.

Everyone keeps asking me my opinion, but I've never seen adults from cackle, so if you wouldn't mind would you post some pictures of adult birds from Cackle. I know some kids want Sebrights, and another wants bantam brahmas, but would appreciate pics of all the breeds, both bantam and LF. So I can give an honest opinion

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by