Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Maybe a silly question, but I've never had any bantams...am I going to be able to easily tell them from the others?
There will be some that are obvious, some won't be. Last year our turkens were small, I would have sworn they were bantams but Cackle doesn't sell bantam turkens. At some point they caught up with the others and are definitely not bantams!
wink.png

Anytime I have a question on some I usually wait a couple of weeks, its usually easier to tell by then.

I make no requests when ordering the surprise. It's a surprise and it's cheap birds. I like surprises and I like cheap chicks.

I order what I want when I want something specific.

well I am a vegetarian and all my friends are vegetarian so broilers and bb turkeys would just die a useless death so I ask that they not send me any if possible. Waterfowl are pretty easy to sell around here but you can't give chickens away if you hit the wrong time of year!

I make no requests when ordering the surprise. It's a surprise and it's cheap birds. I like surprises and I like cheap chicks.

I order what I want when I want something specific.

You seemed to be complaining that you wanted more ducks with your surprise. It does not hurt to ask when ordering the surprise. They can easily put in some ducks, if that is what you want.

I have several small birds that are colored like chipmunks. I have searched the website for chick pictures and still can't figure out what they are. Anyone know?

A chipmunk look could be a many different breeds. Maybe Brown Leghorn, Red Jungle Fowl, Welsummer, etc.

My order will be shipping tomorrow, I'm excited!

Now, does Cackle e-mail me the tracking #, or will they call with it?

I got a phone call Wednesday saying they would be delivered Friday. I don't remember any other communication other than the post office calling at 530 in am on Friday.

Would you guys all mind helping me out?? I know this is off the original topic, but thought you might not mind.

Our 4-H leader has been telling the kids ,if they want to order from a hatchery to order from Cackle, as they have the best quality of all the hatcherys.

Everyone keeps asking me my opinion, but I've never seen adults from cackle, so if you wouldn't mind would you post some pictures of adult birds from Cackle. I know some kids want Sebrights, and another wants bantam brahmas, but would appreciate pics of all the breeds, both bantam and LF. So I can give an honest opinion

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom