Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
My dad let's me buy at ideal poultry. We get the specials. They are real cheap and ain't full of roosters. Mine was a lot of hens. They send us emails on weekly specials a lot. I like them better than the others. There cheaper and send extras in case one dies.

They would have to be cheaper than about $1.40 per chick to beat the Cackle hatchery surprise. And Cackle sends a mix of pullets and cockerels.

We requested no ducks. We didn't get any turkeys :( But we have our second surprise shipping out on Monday !! :)

Oh and yes having their free catalog does help. I just wish their chick pictures was just a little bigger to look at detail! Am I right? :)

Did you request turkeys? If not, you should contact Cackle and request some turkeys with your second surprise being shipped on Monday. They are generally pretty good about trying to give people what they want.

I have several small birds that are colored like chipmunks. I have searched the website for chick pictures and still can't figure out what they are. Anyone know?

I have several small birds that are colored like chipmunks. I have searched the website for chick pictures and still can't figure out what they are. Anyone know?

After downloading the catalog, I think they are some type of old English gamefowl. What purpose do these birds serve? Should I try to sell them to local 4-Hers?

After downloading the catalog, I think they are some type of old English gamefowl. What purpose do these birds serve? Should I try to sell them to local 4-Hers?

4-Hrs would like them for show--some of the Cackle varieties are fairly nice according to some people. They also tend to make good broodies and predator resistant free-rangers.

Are they bantams or large fowl? I got some that are either OEGB or phoenix (silver duckwing and gold duckwing), and one large fowl Old English (I hope).

4-Hrs would like them for show--some of the Cackle varieties are fairly nice according to some people.  They also tend to make good broodies and predator resistant free-rangers.

Are they bantams or large fowl?  I got some that are either OEGB or phoenix (silver duckwing and gold duckwing), and one large fowl Old English (I hope).

They are very small, so I am assuming bantams.

Maybe a silly question, but I've never had any bantams...am I going to be able to easily tell them from the others?

Bantams are usually about half as big as other chicks with some of the feather foots being a little larger. Ideal recently had bantams on special for only $1.05 each if you ordered 25 or more and their facebook page said they would send 30 if you ordered 25. They also had ducklings very cheap.

Back
Top Bottom