Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Hello everyone. I'm new here but I couldn't help but joining in. I am going to order my very first surprise tomorrow and I am so ooooo excited. I just wanted to share that with you all. (My husband and kids are tired of hearing it already.)lol

That is exciting! Are you new to keeping fowl or just new to the surprise aspect of the package?

Check out their availability list to see if they are hatching what you want, I know I was hoping for ducks, geese and turkeys but there aren't any of those available for shipment till the end of April. So it might pay to preorder in advance a bit, Tookietoo.

I'm not new to chickens. I was raised on a farm and I'm 37 now. But I've recently moved back to the farm and now starting over with chickens and yes I am completely new to the surprise box. I am so freaking excited! Lol. I feel like I'm a kid in toys r us. A little silly for a woman near 40 but I don't care.

I'm not new to chickens. I was raised on a farm and I'm 37 now. But I've recently moved back to the farm and now starting over with chickens and yes I am completely new to the surprise box. I am so freaking excited! Lol. I feel like I'm a kid in toys r us. A little silly for a woman near 40 but I don't care.

I'm not that much younger, and oh.my.gosh the anticipation is excruciating!

I got my surprise at the beginning of March. Still debating about ordering another one.

ETA: I sold/gave most to friends. All I have left from my surprise:
1 Black Breasted Red Phoenix LF cockerel
1 Silver Duckwing Phoenix Bantam pullet
1 White Silkie
1 Easter Egger (I think pullet, but not certain)
2 Pekin ducks (I assume pair, since one quacks and the other doesn't)

Last edited:
Check out their availability list to see if they are hatching what you want, I know I was hoping for ducks, geese and turkeys but there aren't any of those available for shipment till the end of April. So it might pay to preorder in advance a bit, Tookietoo.
It actually doesn't matter if it's on their list as available or not... they plan on having extras just in case. This is how they get rid of them :) Though your odds might be a bit better if it still lists it as available.

Back
Top Bottom