Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Meant to add ...No DOA. 1 polish seems a bit cripple. Not sure if it will make it. The foot is either injured or was a defect. I think it could live with it. It's getting around ok. I got 53.

Last edited:
What great assortments !! My next one doesn't ship until the 8th. I ordered two. These are so addicting. I hope I am able to order more for July.

Babies arrived! All chicks! A.bit disappointed as I wanted geese terribly, but I didn't know you could request. Bummer. Got a gorgeous assortment tho!

Looks about the same assortment I recieved...the only ones I'm sure of are two polish, and I think I have a couple Cochins as well.

Here is what I got:

9 chipmunks with eyeliner

3 brown and black chipmunks with speckled faces
Opps didn't take pic.

5 polish : 2 gold laced, 2 buff or white, 1 white crested

6 yellow

2 orangy yellow with feathered feet

11 gray and yellow ( a couple different breeds here I think)

5 brahmas

2 black and yellow

3 black and yellow

3 black stripe chipmunk

2 reds

2 EE

3 yellow with feathered feet

If anybody knows what these guys are im interested to know! Of course, lol

What a great assortment!!!!!!!!!!
I find it very hard to resist ordering some. Man are they cute.
The orangy yellow with the feathered feet could be Buff or even red cochins. I got one years ago that turned out to be a red cochin. He started out all yellow/orangy. Super little rooster he was. Named him Scooter since he was always scooting around under the big hens when I would try to grab him lol.

I hate that the hatcheries don't tell you. Couldn't they have a pre printed form and as they fill orders, they check a box? Ugh

There are so many possibilities.....

Our ship date is tomorrow. We CANNOT wait! I will certainly post photos. We've been long-time McMurray fans, but were really eager to expand into waterfowl and guinea. I'll also post some photos of our renovated coop, my husband converted our shed into a 3 part coop, two living spaces that flank a middle storage space. I did call Cackle to check on shipping dates and also put in an extra little please for the guinea. She said they try not to mix them as they pick at the chicken's feet. So we'll see!

Back
Top Bottom