Cackle?

I called the other day and they said check back in a week or so that they had “oversold” their stock. Seems like owner weekly posts on their Facebook page pictures of a shipping department in tatters after a “hard shipping day”. Seems like a good problem to have if you’re in business. Anyway, I can understand the run on laying hens and meat birds as people stress over the pandemic but selling out of all the bantam breeds? What that all about? Ideal poultry has begun running hatch day specials so things maybe are relaxing a bit.

I called the other day and they said check back in a week or so that they had “oversold” their stock. Seems like owner weekly posts on their Facebook page pictures of a shipping department in tatters after a “hard shipping day”. Seems like a good problem to have if you’re in business. Anyway, I can understand the run on laying hens and meat birds as people stress over the pandemic but selling out of all the bantam breeds? What that all about? Ideal poultry has begun running hatch day specials so things maybe are relaxing a bit.

It might have been that all thebstandards were out so people started on bantams. Or people wanted more eggs so got bantams.instead since they can fit more bantams in a space than standards

Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess but buying essentially ornamental bantams to ward off the coming egg shortage apocalypse is a poorly thought out idea in my personal opinion.

Here’s what they told me...

Attachments

• D895461A-CCF8-4715-8F1C-D5BFEE719AAB.png
    D895461A-CCF8-4715-8F1C-D5BFEE719AAB.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 13
The post office called and said my order came in! Everyone looks good and are settling in well:) They didn’t send everything I ordered, but said they would refund the money for the missing chicks in a few weeks unless I call to put it towards a reorder. But that’s ok. I got most of what I wanted😊
Awesome! Could you post pics of the nuggets?

Awesome! Could you post pics of the nuggets?

Happily! 😁
My royal plum turkeys. I ordered two and was sent three. Unfortunately they didn’t have my black Spanish turkeys.
3CBC90D6-E092-411D-A4D5-4EAD3E44B1E1.jpeg

Turkens! I ordered three and was sent four.
F5BBC1A6-A80F-4E6A-B45A-AA156B57F2DA.jpeg

Next up are the black laced silver wyandotte chicks and Easter Egger chicks.
0D099F47-C02B-4E2F-BEAD-589137F293DB.jpeg
297A74C4-B6C3-4F2A-964A-A90859362F12.jpeg

Group shots
56BA0138-8AA0-477B-B74B-7354551C6BA2.png
FE8576C5-FC8D-48FE-8936-8EC91510EE90.jpeg

Im really bummed. That adorable gray Easter Egger on the left has a crossbeak:/ It was noticeable till yesterday. She’s my daughters favorite of our new chicks and it made her sad to know it won’t be able to eat as many treats as the rest of the chickens. This will be our second chicken with a cross beak.
Next are guineas. I ordered royal purple, lavender, and white. 5 of each and was sent 6 of each. Sadly over the first three nights I lost one each night. Last night was the first night I haven’t lost any. They all looked perfect. Nothing seemingly wrong with them. I’m hoping the rest will do well now.
37FEB383-C810-49B8-B6D7-B44A5739728B.jpeg

Oh I forgot. The chicks they didn’t send were golden laced Wyandotte’s and Lakenvelder. I was pretty bummed they didn’t have the lakenvelders. I would have rather got those instead of the EE. But oh well. I have plenty of chicks, I won’t complain!
And I got one extra EE chick then what I ordered. The only one I didn’t get an extra of was the black laced silver Wyandotte’s. Again, I won’t complain! I was sent way more extras then I expected. And they sent a slip in my order letting me know they were sorry not everything was sent, but that they would issue a refund. I’m happy with that. I think they did a great job and I’m very pleased with my first live bird ordering experience.

With the hatcheries struggling to keep up, I see plenty of babies at Tractor Supply & my local feed store. Not the really special breeds, but Easter eggers, silver wyandotte, Silkies, etc. Makes me wonder if those places get precedent over us regular folks.
But it nay be a resource to fill out your flocks.

Back
Top Bottom