Cali’s flock!

I'm going to be posting the Indian Runners differently because I have so many of the lol!

Here are my SQ pairs, these ducks are all so amazing and I love them all!! I waited for the Mallard, Emery Pencil, and White for almost two years and got them last year!! Unfortunately, the white drake passed away... he was't heathy and stuff, so I have paired her with the black drake (who has won first when I showed him)!!

This is the Emery Pencil drake, Oak, he is top boy and keeps the other drakes in their place!
IMG_2791.jpg

Here is the Emery Pencil hen, Maple, she has a sweet personality and I just love her! She also loves to please Oak!
IMG_2822.jpg

This my Mallard drake, Duke, he is just beautiful in my opinion! He is sweet natured and loves his hen!!
IMG_2801.jpg

Here is Dutches, Dukes girl! She is just fun and sweet!! She is a lot like Maple and loves to please Duke, but is also willing to say no to him if she doesn't want to do something he does lol!
IMG_2827.jpg

Now for my sweet boy, Diner, my black show boy who has won when I showed him!! He is from my first hatch in 2018 and has gone through a LOT!! When he hatched he was supposed to be dinner (thats why his name is Diner), but there was something that caught my eye about him, so I decided to keep him! When he hatched, the drakes I had, at the time, took him 3 times trying to drown him, luckily, someone was always there in time to save him!! After he was too big to drown, a hawk almost got him, like, I could not believe that hawk didn't snatch him up!!!!! He has be a dad to so many ducklings and never has hurt one of them! I just love this boy so much!!!
IMG_2797.jpg

And the lest is Lucy, my White show girl! I must may... she is a wild one, but has a sweetness about her!! She is paired with Diner and they both have a respect for each other which is neat to see, I think!
IMG_2795.jpg

Here are my Indian Runner hens!!!

Starting is Peaches!! She is a Fawn and White and let me tell you, she is amazing!!! She will go broody 1-2 a year and hatches 4-12 ducklings!! This picture was from last year, 5 of the ducklings are hers and the rest are my mallard cross’s ducklings. Peaches took in all of the mallard cross’s ducklings because she abandoned them when they hatched!!! Peaches is very special to me 💜
E5AEF3B3-BC58-4A62-9834-23D573466011.jpeg

Last but not least is Survivor!!! I actually sold her to my grandparents, but something kept getting in the duck pen and killing all their ducks. She has been attacked twice and is missing a chunk of her head. I was given her and her sister back because they didn’t want them killed. Unfortunately, shortly after I got the two hens, her sister, Luckily, passed away. Survivor is pressing on and is paired up with Praise for this year!
1D4BB7A7-BFB6-4D64-98B0-0EF9A489ADF5.jpeg

Kevin Potawatomi & Favor’s story!!!

On April 17 of last year my neighbor hatched me 3 wood ducklings for me. As time went on I found out raising wood ducks wasn’t going to be an easy task, I had lost one of the three that were hatched within a week. My neighbor kept hatching me more wood ducklings and on Saturday, April 24th, I got a text from him saying “Two more out and ready to go”, so I went to my neighbors and picked up Kevin and his brother!!! It was very hard raising the wood ducks and I kept losing them. Before Kevin was named, I had lost all my first ducklings except one, so I added Kevin and his brother to the one I had left! Later, I noticed my original wood duckling started not to eat, wasn’t very active, looked tired, etc. Well, unfortunately he passed away, all the ducklings seemed to die of the same thing and no one knew of what. At the same time of me raising wood ducklings, Peaches was on a nest of around 12 eggs, two were supposed to be Muscovy eggs, but I had thought they were taken. On day 28 all her ducklings hatched except one, so I put it in my incubator, then I realized one of the Muscovy eggs had made it!! I was told it’s pretty much impossible to hatch Muscovies in an incubator and a lot of the time the ducklings don’t make it. So going back to the wood ducks, Kevin’s brother started showing signs of not feeling well, so I separated him, and knowing that the wood ducks don’t do good without their kind, I figured Kevin would die any day now. I put a little Indian runners duckling out with Kevin hoping that they would bond and become best buddies, so Kevin would be fine. Well, within a week or so of me caring for Kevin’s brother, he sadly passed away. I remember being sacred to lose Kevin and after feeding the adult ducks I’d always pray over him, asking God to at least let him live and God did let Kevin live!!

On May 5th my Muscovy hatched!!! This was my first Muscovy duckling and I so wanted to keep it, but everyone thought it was a drake and I couldn’t keep another drake. I did move the Muscovy out with Kevin and the Indian runner when she was a few days old because I knew she needed friends. When time went on I noticed the Indian Runner got mature and start leaving Kevin and the Muscovy. Well, Kevin Potawatomi was named by my best friend because he loves wood ducks, so I let him name my duck!!! Months passed and I noticed Kevin and the Muscovy NEVER left each other’s side, which is when I found out the Muscovy was actually a hen (so I could keep her, yay)!! I named the Muscovy Favor because I found out something important to me and so she was named after what I found out!! Well, Kevin and Favor have always been together and won’t leave each other’s side… STILL!!!
Hopefully all this makes sense lol! I’m bad at writing long stuff out!!!

Kevin Potawatomi!! He is the only one who made it out of 17 ducklings, all the rest didn’t make it. I’m so happy God let Kevin live because my flock wouldn’t be the same if I didn’t have him!!
926CB427-FE9B-4758-86A3-B732E12323D6.jpeg
742223CF-6807-415F-8469-3F3DFA3F160B.jpeg

And here is Favor!! My flock wouldn’t be the same if I didn’t have her! Kevin and her are always greeting to me and come when I call their names!!!
B7402173-3FAE-41DA-BE63-D10CAAA07605.jpeg
F3D2F388-05B3-4C47-B152-C2B1EC2A949F.jpeg

Kevin and Favor our on a afternoon walk!!
C6B95D65-B6E9-49CB-AC42-9690E44B296A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom