Cali’s flock!

Pics

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
5 Years
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
Hello everyone!!!!

I have seen so many threads about y’all’s flocks, I thought it would be fun to do one of my own!! Not sure how well this will last because most of my threads die down fast… but I’m definitely gonna give it a try!!

So, some of y’all may know a lot these ducks, but to the ones who don’t, I hope you enjoy meeting them!!!

I currently have a flock of 30 ducks! My mine breed is Indian Runners, but do have a few different breeds including: Anconas, Muscovies, Call ducks, and I’m working on my wood ducks!! I breed and sell ducklings, adult ducks, eating eggs, and hatching eggs! I love what I do and wouldn’t trade it for anything!! Anyway, here is my flock!!! I hope y’all enjoy!!!

Gentlemen:
I got this lovely Ancona drake when I was at a youth camp… well my uncle picked him up for me because I was gone lol! Gentlemen is very sweet natured, loves life, and definitely loves his mate (Dotty Cheeks)! He would literally fight my Muscovy drake who would try going after his girl and protecting her he got hurt pretty bad! I know this guy would give his life to save his her!! I have bred him and hatched his ducklings who turned out beautiful!!
A5BDB4FC-6547-4E49-B163-C00DBA61EFA0.jpeg

Miss Dotty Cheeks: Miss Dotty Cheeks (Dotty for short) is a sweet, loving Ancona who minds her own business and stays out of trouble. She definitely loves having Gentlemen around and her sister. The three always hang out together!! Dotty is also very stoic and got the nickname “Goose”! She is a mom of 2 ducklings and has no clue that she is 😂
30B8118B-AB80-40CE-B903-546E2F5795B7.jpeg

Sassy Shy Girl: Sassy Shy Girl (Sassy) is… well… definitely different from her sister!! She is a spitfire! When I first got her, my drakes were SO interested in these new ladies, when one of the drakes decided to walk to the fence to “show off”, she grabbed him by the chest feathers and was beating him against the fence!!!!! I couldn’t believe it!!! The drake stayed away from her for the rest of their (the Anconas) quarantine!!! Sassy got the “shy” part of her name because she was shy when I get her (at least I thought 😂). So why not name her Sassy Shy Girl!!
2171D93A-4BA3-4177-ACD2-C6FC130B1F47.jpeg

I’ll post some of the other ducks later!!! 😁

Last edited:
Tansy Blue: This is my big boy Tansy Blue, he is named after a essential oil called “Blue Tansy”, but I reversed it lol! I got him thinking it was a “she” for a Muscovy drake I save from our fair!! Well he turned out to be a drake and he is beautiful (in my opinion)!!!
0CAC3BF7-8F90-4CB4-9544-FE6B64EBC6B7.jpeg

Serenity Grace: Serenity is also named afer a oil, but I did add Grace to it because I love that name!!! She was also a hen (and luckily turned out to be a hen) I got for the drake I got from fair! I was told her pattern is rare, so that’s pretty awesome!! I’m a huge fan of rare colors!!
B89348E8-94CF-4D15-9FDE-93201FB8B4BC.jpeg

Cheryl: I got this beautiful rare blue hen from a sweet lady named Cheryl, I named my duck after the lady!! Miss Cheryl (the lady) and I still talk to this day!! She was supposed to go to someone else, but because I got there first, I was able to pick out the hens I wanted and this girl was one of them!! 😊
6B489D43-483F-47F3-B942-C6BFE3E80E67.jpeg

Pie: I got this hen from the same lady I got Cheryl from!! She is….. honestly… a big pain and I don’t like this hen at all lol! I have tried to sell her, but things didn’t work out for someone interested in her! If y’all want her just send me a pm!! I did get the rest of the Muscovy hens from the same lady!!
175E9A9B-371C-4B9A-8762-AEF21EEA7FF0.jpeg

Onyx: this hen is your standard “wild” color!! I love this hen! She is very mellow and has such a beautiful face!!
BEFEDB3F-CE19-4711-96DF-7FA8FF6B8F1E.jpeg

Gloria: Gloria is a favorite of mine! She is very independent, beautiful, and can be sweet!! She has little brown specks that go up her neck to her head that I fine interesting/cool!!
I tried getting a close up so you guys can see the little speckles of brown!!!
8A05DE63-C6AB-45F4-8090-858E68257B75.jpeg
5AF3837F-B50E-4496-BBA3-633DFAFDB469.jpeg

Blanca: Ok, so when I was picking up all these hens, I totally fell in love with a big white Muscovy drake they had, but I couldn’t get another drake because I had to many male ducks, so I settled with getting a white female and named her Blanca after her color and a singer I like to listen to!!
E73B092B-19DD-42FD-9B9B-B60F47FBCFF4.jpeg

I have another Muscovy, but her story has to be written with my little wood duck… because they kinda go together 😂

Bruce: Meet Bruce! He is a very sweet, handsome, protective little Call drake!! Unfortunately, he is fully related to Poppy Rue and he loves his sister. I swapped a dozen hatching Indian Runner eggs for hatching Call duck eggs and only two hatched (as you can tell)! I love these guy so much!!
58E4F88B-A990-4561-B66C-2D0DB25E5528.jpeg

Poppy Rue: Here is my sweet little Poppy Rue!! I call her Poppy for short because it’s easier 😂 she is very independent, can be sweet, and is extremely loud!!! People will ALWAYS find her with Bruce and if they aren’t together…. Something is wrong!!!
19A1D3BC-0774-40D4-908A-AC771A9B09E6.jpeg

Both Bruce and Poppy are my first Call ducks!! I’m looking into getting another pair so I can breed them!!! 😊

Here are my Indian Runner drakes!!!

This is Vision, he was hatched in 2020 when I was at Camp!! The theme for my camp that year was Vision, so I named him after it!! He is the kinda drakes who seems to never grow up 😂 my drakes are usually mellowed down by 2… not for this guy lol! He is always after the hens!!! Vision is a silver Bibbed.
673A8AB4-0B38-4AED-8161-5E7B64F091D4.jpeg

This is Vision’s brother, Praise!! He also hatched when I was at camp and the camp I go to is messianic, so I named him Praise!!! He is a beautiful blue Bibbed!
F0D9A7ED-F4E2-4ADF-BD64-7FE318F6E86D.jpeg

Ok, here is Whiskey. He is literally amazing!! I wish everyone could have a drake like him! I got him when he was about 6 months old (I’m guessing here) and he was the protector of my flock!!! He would chase and go after Dinner who was hen crazy at the time!!! He is blind in one eye, but does great with the one eye he has!! He is your standard Fawn and White, but I love this color!! They are the wild card of all colors!! He is the one that I cross to get blue and silver Bibbed well as other colors!!
537B2FE0-3A77-4A0F-B5EC-EFCF33F359C3.jpeg

And this is Boom Boom!! He is some sort of Bibbed, I think tan… but not sure lol! He is a sweetheart!! Unfortunately, he doesn’t fallow me around anymore or want to come inside the house, but he still has a sweet look!! I’m going to have to get updated pictures of him because his colors have changed so much!!!
77CCFCC3-6F0B-40B0-AA89-589ABC099A97.jpeg

Here is Gracie!! She is a survivor of a horrible massacre. We had a ton of ducklings and left to my grandparents one Sunday afternoon, when we got home late that night, a dog or cat had gotten into the pen and killed all the ducklings and chicks that we had inside… I’m talking, they were laying dead all over the house… it’s was a horrible experience and one that was never forgotten. She and another hen survived that night. So me named her Gracie because by the grace of God she survived that!!
A90E4E70-746E-4FEA-A6A4-742F3962BF20.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom