Calico Princesses

:(

I’m taking precautions with these girls though, I’m limiting their food and making sure they are getting plenty of exercise. So far they seem pretty healthy!
They might live long lives then!! They are the friendliest breed I’ve ever had so don’t be sad. True, they won’t live as long as others but you will definitely love them a lot and who knows they might live longer than you think!

They might live long lives then!! They are the friendliest breed I’ve ever had so don’t be sad. True, they won’t live as long as others but you will definitely love them a lot and who knows they might live longer than you think!
They are soooo friendly omg!! I don’t even care if their egg production is so so, I just want my little buddies to live full and happy lives <3

Has anyone thought of the possibility that that white chick might be an Amber link mine grew pretty fast and looked exactly like that
I don't believe she's an amberlink. I have two -- and while there are some similarities in appearance, they definitely look different. They also tend to be a bit on the light side -- 5 lbs max? Sadly, since they are a hybrid, their lifespan isn't as long as a "purebred" -- 2 to 4 years -- which sucks, because they tend to have a delightful disposition, and are great layers.
IMG_1855 amber front.jpg
IMG_1856.jpeg Amber side.jpeg

I don't believe she's an amberlink. I have two -- and while there are some similarities in appearance, they definitely look different. They also tend to be a bit on the light side -- 5 lbs max? Sadly, since they are a hybrid, their lifespan isn't as long as a "purebred" -- 2 to 4 years -- which sucks, because they tend to have a delightful disposition, and are great layers.
View attachment 2283922View attachment 2283923
I have a couple as well mine were white like leghorns until they reached about four months and they got brown on each of their wings my girls weigh about 8 lb and so far there are about 6 years old and give me about 5 eggs a week they're the only ones I've kept from that batch LOL I have a new batch coming up with Rhode Island Blues welsummers aracianas and another amberlink

Back
Top Bottom