Calico Princesses

I have a couple as well mine were white like leghorns until they reached about four months and they got brown on each of their wings my girls weigh about 8 lb and so far there are about 6 years old and give me about 5 eggs a week they're the only ones I've kept from that batch LOL I have a new batch coming up with Rhode Island Blues welsummers aracianas and another amberlink
YES -- they do get the brown on their wings -- which I love! I also have some Rhode Island Blues this time. :)

YES -- they do get the brown on their wings -- which I love! I also have some Rhode Island Blues this time. :)
I don't know if it was you that sent me pictures of Rhode Island Blues but they do grow up to be pretty I got three one is light gray the other one is more blue and one is where the black side

Omg then why are ppl still breeding these?? Man I’m already attached to these two... but if this is the case then I just need to enjoy every second with them. And how did tractor supply think that these were golden comets 😳 if these chicks turn out to be roosters too then I’m not buying chicks from them anymore. 😪
Catobsessed, I've bought most my chickens from TS and only one was wrong breed. They sent me a Cornish with my California Whites, about a month ago but other than that, all good and never a rooster in the bunch. As for your Golden Comets, they are "sex link" chickens.

Man it has been forever since I posted here! With covid and all, the household agreed it might be a good idea to get some good laying hens in case we have meat shortages so we can get eggs as a protein source.

Anyways, we got a new breed from Tractor Supply called the Calico Princess, and I was just wondering if these are a sex link breed?

View attachment 2275471
(This one is Zelda.)

We also got 4 alleged Golden Comets last month, but 2 of them turned out to be roosters! 😱 All of these are also pure white! The reason TS gave me was because there was some sort of genetic mutation that caused them to be pure white... Not sure if it’s true, but hey I’ll buy it! The chicks are so sweet so I’m not even mad. They grew up so fast though!
View attachment 2275477
(Ah yes, the “Gold Comet.”)
I read on Hoovers, where they come from, that they are a hybrid sex link - so you should be good on girls. I just ordered 2 from someone who got them from there, picking up end of month. You should post it's progress (The Calico Princess) because there is very limited info on the web, so full grown images/videos and personality/traits would be helpful for others. Supposed to lay large eggs, and be sweet birds.

Back
Top Bottom