California eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by muddipuppy, Sep 28, 2009.

1. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Songster

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
  2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    hmmmmm.... worked for me.... email me and I will send you pics of anything you want to see. Here is a rundown of everything I have.

CBM I have Bev Davis copper black hens with a copper blue roo, and Wade Gene/Ron Presley lines, with my good roo
    Barred Olive eggers, barred rock, marans and ameraucana custom blend
    Blue Olive eggers. feather legged Black marans hens, x Splash Ameracuana roo. All chicks should come out blue olive eggers. The black hens lay pretty dark eggs.
    F2 mille fleur cochins, give you a fifty fifty chance for mille potential chicks, fifty fifty for black mottled carrying MF genetics that can cross back on the actual MF chicks.
    Mottled Javas, four Point of Lay pullets, (two just started laying) and a couple younger cockrels and a pullet
    BBS Silkies Two laying pullets, one young black roo. Growing out a few pullets and a blue roo. Should be doing okay in the spring.
    Pure Mille Fleur Cochins
    Lavender orp project birds, not laying yet.
    turkey eggs (Midget White and Bourbon Red, not laying yet)
    I have a showgirl roo I can put with my silkies also.

3. petrelline

petrelline Songster

Feb 13, 2009
    Los Gatos, CA
    Hey muddipuppy, I'm in the bay area too. The woman who sold me my incubator told me that there's a farm on Soquel-Santa Cruz road, just south of the mountain school, that sells fertile eggs. That's unfortunately the only information I have, but I've driven by there and there's a number of small farms along that road in Soquel.

Also if you search for hatching eggs on ebay there's a woman in Oakland or thereabouts who lists her eggs there regularly (I've forgotten her ebay login).

4. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Songster

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    Quote:Allrighty, could you send me pics of your barred olive eggers (cool!), your silkies, and your pure mille fleur cochins (are they standard or bantam?)? Thank yoo.[​IMG]

my email is: [email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: