California-Inland Empire

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Miss Dottie, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Farm4Suncee

Farm4Suncee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2013
    Hi everyone, I'm in Riverside county, Temecula to be exact : ) Where do you all get your chicks? I'm a newby and have placed an order with Meyer Hatchery as I wanted specific
    breeds and only 6 so I had to go with a hatchery that allowed so few birds. Do any of you have experience with chicks from them? I've loved their customer service. My only concern
    is that it's so far away and I'm hoping the heat wave we're having won't kill them in transit.

2. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Next time go to a local feed store and tell them what you want and they will add it to their order. It will even save you money.

3. Brookiesbrooder

Brookiesbrooder Chillin' With My Peeps

I have some birds for sale from excellent lines
    2 black frizzle cochins bantam pullets...these are show quality birds not yet laying $40 ea
    2 porcelian silkie pullets from Catdance silkies these girls are laying $40 ea
    2 white "curlie" cochin bantam hens are just a year old and will produce 100% frizzle chicks $25 each
    1 white frizzle cochin bantam cockerel ...just coming of age and will be a beautiful show bird $40 ...I may have a smooth white hen to pair him with for an additional fee
    1 partridge silkie pullet ready to show and has taken her class already ...very nice partridge coloring $40
    1 black frizzle cochin Bantam cock bird ...great producer and has won each show he has been at $50

please PM me....please only serious buyers :)
    [​IMG]

4. Farm4Suncee

Farm4Suncee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2013
    Hi All! My 8 girls are all healthy and thriving at 5 weeks old! We have moved them out to the coop. We're getting ready to build the run this weekend and wanted to get opinions on roof material since you're all "familiar" with the heat that comes and the rain that doesn't. We're thinking of matching the run roof to the shingle roof we have on our coop or using corrugated sheets. Any opinions out there? What have you used? Thanks!!!

5. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

OSB with shingles or just paint it a light color with exterior semi gloss.

6. Miss Dottie

Miss Dottie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Riverside, Ca
    Hi! I wish I would have seen your post sooner. Unfortunately, the City of Jurupa Valley is making lots of things difficult. They claimed to maintain our area as an animal keeping community. I have a customer that may be able to help us. He ran for city council, and unfortunately did not win. He supports Jurupa Valley maintaining our ability to keep our animals. He might be able to give us some advice or point us in the right direction as to how we can make our concerns known. If you want to go to the next city council meeting, I would be happy to go and meet up with you. I have been meaning to go anyway, but your story may have lit a fire under my behind. I can't believe they are hassling you over placement of your pen. It's absurd!

I really wish I had seen your post sooner. Have you placed all your birds? I will private message you with my contact info, and if you're interested, maybe we can get a couple more people together. I know my mom and some of our friends would go with us. It could be effective.

I am so sad for you and your daughter. I did 4-H as a kid in Jurupa. This breaks my heart.

7. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    I assume that you live within the city limits and not in the county. Keep up the good fight. [​IMG]

8. hosspak

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    I saw a listing for BCM's on Craig's list in Wildomar...off of Grand...

9. hosspak

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    Well that depends on your preference. I wanted to use corrugated steel panels, at $25 bucks a piece was out of my range. I went with composite rolls that matched the color on the house.

10. Miss Dottie

Miss Dottie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Riverside, Ca
    I actually live in Norco now, but my parents still live in "Jurupa Valley," and my legal address is still there. Our business is in Glen Avon. However, you won't find me telling people I live or work in Jurupa Valley. I do not wish to claim a city name which I know will eventually dissolve. ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by