California-Inland Empire

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Miss Dottie, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Miss Dottie

Miss Dottie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Riverside, Ca
    I have galvanized corrugated roofing for a really good deal. The sheets are 2'4" wide, and I have some 8' and 10' sheets. There might be some 12' sheets too. I don't have a lot left at this discounted price, but it is $1.35 a foot. That makes an 8' piece $10.80 and a 10' piece $13.50. It's a really good price for the material. I have some heavier galvanized metal too, also priced really well. If you decide you want to use metal, message me.

I like the galvanized metal, and plan to use it on my new coop because I have it and it will match my barn. But the other poster's ideas here are good too. Good luck with your build!

2. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    hhmmm, that is a really good deal and I need 11 or 12, 8 footers. I will have to check the budget.

3. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    OHMYGOSH!!!! How could I have missed this thread!!?!?!?! I must be a asleep at the wheel or something................ More peeps to put on my MASTER LIST for MEET-UPS!

:yesss:

AND the meet-ups ARE in the inland empire>>>> NORCO!

4. hosspak

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    They just had a meet up last weekend. I don't know why but they said keep it on the down-low from froggie.... [​IMG]

5. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

I have been the instigator of those meet-ups for the past 3 years! I cannot believe I missed this thread..senior moment! Well, there is always 2014 and it will be here before ya know it!!! Did you get to the meet-up early hosspak, I don't remember seeing you, but I am SURE I must have??? I was that krazy cackling old hen running around that set up the sign-up stand, etc..etc...... I see yer name on the book....

6. hosspak

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    I did notice a crazy Lady running around. I think there was a "drive-bye" hello.... I was there early when others were setting up, hard to miss the big guy with the Chiefs jersey. I found the birds I was looking for, then found 2 freebies, (can't say no). Then I got out of Dodge before I really got into trouble...

7. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

OH no she found us. OK everyone on to plan "B", it should take her some time to find us there.

8. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

:lau :lau :oops: :duc :smack Well Dennis ya know what they say about a picture (or two) being worth a thousand words...................... ;) :p

You can run and you can hide.............but I will find you............... :lol:

9. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

I do remember seeing a fast moving Chiefs Jersey.......... why the hurry??? :/ Next meet-up I will have to pull out one of my chicken leashes ASAP to lasso you and make you stay till you take at least a dozen birdies..... :lau

10. hosspak

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    When I got there I saw, a sweet lil old lady, "Bee" I think her name was, unloading her van, so I offered to help get her stuff to the tables. After that I mingled around and met a few fellow "crazies" and learned some chicken stuff... while waiting for one of the women to return who was selling some BLRW's. I made my purchase and then adopted 2 more hens (need to learn to say no)...

I was needing to get out so I didn't bring more home because I think that I'm probably 4 birds over my housing limit. I also needed to get them home and situated before getting to my grand sons first B-day party.

A dozen more, I know I could never do that!!!!! Nor would the DW let me...lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by