California-Inland Empire

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Miss Dottie, Feb 7, 2010.

1. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

Bea was the gal I car pooled with, NOW I remember where I saw the jersey. I just like to push chickens on peeps... :yesss: ;)

2. frazo96

frazo96 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2012
    Does anyone know any Poultry Auctions nearby other than Mike's???[​IMG]

3. GrammyKati

GrammyKati Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2014
    We live in Hemet on an acre, about half is just bugs, weeds and dirt. We just got 4 chickens, mostly RI and are looking forward to free ranging our girls.

4. Farm4Suncee

Farm4Suncee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2013
    Welcome and congrats on your girls! You will love watching their silly antics. :)

5. GrammyKati

Feb 12, 2014
    You are so right. They are still in their coop as we just got them 2 days ago but thr grand kids visit several times a day and give us updates. We got these for bug eating pets and will let them retire after their egg laying is over. I read that having chickens is like having "chicken TV" and I think I agree. Even our Pug goes to the coop just for a look on her way to potty. I think she won't be a problem. I am most worried about hawks so our coop is under a tree and near vegetation they can scoot under. Wish us luck.:rolleyes:

6. Farm4Suncee

Farm4Suncee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2013
    I'm not acreage, wish I was, but we do have a nice big yard. I have a lage net over their large fenced run as we have a creek bed with tons of trees directly out our backyard and the hawks prowl out there everyday. Best wishes to you, it really is chicken t.v. LOL!

7. Welcome to BYC from Riverside/Jurupa Valley California!

Have an acre here also.

8. Jucknath

Jucknath Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    I am in Hemet also. You will enjoy your chickens and they will enjoy the bugs. Welcome[​IMG]

9. GrammyKati

Feb 12, 2014
    Hi everyone, today I let my girls out for about 1 1/2 hours before dusk. They were very happy and the very independent Mabel found a worm! She seems to stick to herself and the three others follow each other. They all seemed to have a great time. My daughter and I had a fun time watching chicken TV.:)

10. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

Now THAT sounded like a wonderful afternoon WELL SPENT! :cd :thumbsup :yesss:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by