California - Northern

Hi, all!
Just a quick howdy from Oroville! My birthday chicks just arrived, a gift from my mom who started me with chickens 44 years ago (yikes! I'm old!). Good thing hubby didn't pick the boogers up at the post office, he would have counted 111 and killed me. The amazingly ironic thing is that I set 113 eggs in the brooder, lost two, and now have 111 eggs to hatch out. That makes too many chickens!
I'm so happy!

thedollysmama
Going to hold the flufkins
Oroville
Wow, that's a lot of chicks!

Welcome to the thread.

Wow, that's a lot of chicks!

Welcome to the thread.

that must be alot if you are saying it
gig.gif

Hi, all!
Just a quick howdy from Oroville! My birthday chicks just arrived, a gift from my mom who started me with chickens 44 years ago (yikes! I'm old!). Good thing hubby didn't pick the boogers up at the post office, he would have counted 111 and killed me. The amazingly ironic thing is that I set 113 eggs in the brooder, lost two, and now have 111 eggs to hatch out. That makes too many chickens!
I'm so happy!

thedollysmama
Going to hold the flufkins
Oroville

Enjoy the fluffy butts!

tonight I am going to turn the turner off and set my Penedesenca eggs in the egg cartons I am hopeful of a good hatch. I am collecting more eggs for the next run.
I also got alot of pic's  of the chickens and set up which I will download in a bit

Does everyone put the eggs in a carton at lockdown? What is the benefit of this?

Greetings,

Hope everybody is having a nice evening. Quick question?

Tomorrow I have to head south to Corning leaving at 4am, will not return until 1-2pm.

Leaving at 4am and opening the pens puts my flocks at risk of attack from a bobcat we have been
seeing around lately.

Is it ok to leave them in the hen house with water until the afternoon? I have never left them in beyond
10am and that is when it is single digits.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Len

Back
Top Bottom