California - Northern

Greetings,

Hope everybody is having a nice evening. Quick question?

Tomorrow I have to head south to Corning leaving at 4am, will not return until 1-2pm.

Leaving at 4am and opening the pens puts my flocks at risk of attack from a bobcat we have been
seeing around lately.

Is it ok to leave them in the hen house with water until the afternoon? I have never left them in beyond
10am and that is when it is single digits.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Len
yes as long as there is good air circulation and ventilation that is fine. I had to do that a few days when I was under hawk attack

Hi, all!
Just a quick howdy from Oroville! My birthday chicks just arrived, a gift from my mom who started me with chickens 44 years ago (yikes! I'm old!). Good thing hubby didn't pick the boogers up at the post office, he would have counted 111 and killed me. The amazingly ironic thing is that I set 113 eggs in the brooder, lost two, and now have 111 eggs to hatch out. That makes too many chickens!
I'm so happy!

thedollysmama
Going to hold the flufkins
Oroville
Welcome and happy birthday!! If I got that many chicks my hubs wouldn't be able to kill me because he would pass out!
big_smile.png

Quote: Liz, do you have any pics of your Seramas? I'd love to see them. We got 2 chicks for my son and we think they are 3-4 weeks, but it would be great to have some to compare. Finally got some good pics today, so I will post after I download.

Hi, all!
Just a quick howdy from Oroville! My birthday chicks just arrived, a gift from my mom who started me with chickens 44 years ago (yikes! I'm old!). Good thing hubby didn't pick the boogers up at the post office, he would have counted 111 and killed me. The amazingly ironic thing is that I set 113 eggs in the brooder, lost two, and now have 111 eggs to hatch out. That makes too many chickens!
I'm so happy!

thedollysmama
Oroville
Happy birthday and welcome to the thread!
frow.gif

Quote:
X2! They will be fine. They do not need to be out all day long. Some leave them in until later. With a Bobcat around, you might want to let them free range a couple of hours in the afternoon so that you can watch them.

I lived in Corning from1977 to 1992.

Hi, all!
I'm so happy!

thedollysmama
Oroville

Happy birthday and welcome!! Wow 111 chicks AND 111 eggs! Your place is gonna be quite busy now, I can't even imagine when those 111 eggs hatch .
th.gif
What kinds of chicks did you get? I'd love to see some pictures of the new fluffy things and I'm sure many other people on here would as well.

Welcome and happy birthday!! If I got that many chicks my hubs wouldn't be able to kill me because he would pass out!
big_smile.png

Liz, do you have any pics of your Seramas? I'd love to see them. We got 2 chicks for my son and we think they are 3-4 weeks, but it would be great to have some to compare. Finally got some good pics today, so I will post after I download.
I will try and take some tomorrow, I'm terrible at getting pics.

Back
Top Bottom