California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    These are gorgeous...do I have to picture them with naked necks??? JK. I am happy they make you happy!

2. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

My kids liked the BO roo so I actually have him to a friend to process and eat. She said he was ok. Lol Sadly no one is my family would have eaten him (I would have though). So I don't even know. Lol!

3. zooweemama

Ok
    . Ok. We've been locking the Marans up during the day. Annoys him lol. The naked neck hens are sweet on him so they hang out by his pen. So we will keep doing that for a while. I hope their feathers aren't bad. I got the buffs from good breeders.

4. zooweemama

I only meant one ok. Lol. Not sure why is said ok ok. My 4 kids all have varying stages of croup and I've been doing this an entire month now. I'm really fried.

5. tommysgirl

Mar 18, 2012
    Hope it all comes true for you!!!

6. Meg2000000

Meg2000000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    Concord, CA
    Zoo - I noticed the same things on my Basque's that Ron gave me.. but I think it's because the roo doesn't have enough hens. I gave him 2 more yesterday so hopefully that stops the problem. If not, I'm going to have to separate him from the girls. The baldness and feather pulling is just not nice to do to these pretty ladies!

Threadgeek - That apron is gorgeous! How cool that you can do that! I need to learn how to sew.

Well we have some more stuff going on in the incubator today... and OMG that smell is disgusting. I was gagging when I opened it to get a little guy out. There are now 2 healthy Pita Pinta's and 1 more healthy Basque ready to go into the brooder. I have 2 more basques getting their sea legs (one is probably not going to make it... I think I helped him to early) and 3 more PP's getting their sea legs as well. I've been so stressed with the guys in the incubator that I haven't been able to completely enjoy the 16 in the brooder yet! And now I need to go finish a 5 page essay for my English class. The fun never stops over here.

Also, a shout out to Ron who is THE BEST and helped me every step of the way during this hatch (and after). Thank you Ron!

7. Meg2000000

Meg2000000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    Concord, CA
    Forgot to say Zoo - I'm so sorry about your kids suffering from croup. Croup is nasty and scary! My little sister had it and when she was experiencing difficulty breathing we'd put her in the bathroom filled with hot steam from the shower (and kept the water running). That would always help her. Good luck!

8. tommysgirl

Mar 18, 2012

9. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I am so happy your hatch went well!

Such cute little chicks you have.

[​IMG] Do well on your English Paper!

10. Nikon

Nikon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Nevada County, CA
    My Coop
    Hmmm. Should I take the heat lamp off out babes? They're in the garage in a "chicken playpen" inside a garage. The two from Candy are the eldest at.... I think almost 5 weeks? Everyone else is a week behind them, but out Blue Mystery is still a lot smaller than everyone else and doesn't have all her feathers, neither does our English Orp. Hmmmm, maybe give them another couple weeks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by