California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    Hi! Welcome. I'm sorry about your disappointment. I think that has happened to a lot of people. If it makes you feel any better, our EEs are some of the cleverest, funniest, most striking girls we have. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

2. 8machines

8machines Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Pioneer, California
    I would love to make a visit to your farm this next week if that is OK. I am Judy. I used 8machines because that is what I use on Twitter and didn't think of anything else original. I can send you my phone number or you can give me a day which is best for you and your address. Thank you.

3. GallusGirl

GallusGirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Davis, CA
    Excitement like this is contagious! Congratulations! [​IMG]

4. 8machines

8machines Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Pioneer, California
    Well Thank you! That is encouraging anyway. I hope my Jersey Giants turn out to be what they are supposed to be. They look like the pictures. Even though I try to hold my chicks they are not too friendly, they fly all around the cage. My Brahma chick is my favorite. She lets me hold her. I talk to them all the time. It's a wonderful experience having chicks as I am sure you know already. This is all new to me.

5. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    I dont know if I want anything that big. I have a strict 50 egg limit
    Hi Molly
    The crele are boys for sure. I am guessing pullet on the empordanesa as its comb looks smaller . My younger ones I hatched after you are having larger combs already
    sorry about that. hopefully you will get green tinted eggs you should be able to see beards and muffs by now
    just message me I am here all weekend. Saturday I have baseball for my son and have a errand to run from say 10:30-3:30

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  6. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Good morning All!

[​IMG]

8machines! Post pictures when you get a chance!

Last night a family of rodent swas taunting me near a chicken feeder. I moved the rat zapper over by where I saw them and re baited it with dry cat food that has salmon meal in it. I got one last night!

If I can only get them before they breed.....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  7. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    [​IMG] Any more this morning?!!!

8. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    Sorry about the rodents Ron, they can sure be sneaky and though to get rid of.

Tommysgirl, so happy about the surprise and hoping it gets company soon, Hatching is a small torture but without it you ever know what's in the egg.

Meg200000, Love the color on the MB girls and the spots on the PP are super cute.

Amazing hatch-looks like a chick carpet.

Much more but I've forgotten it already. Have a great day everyone!

9. Flowers of Abba

Flowers of Abba Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    South lake tahoe
    Ok. So I'm really questioning the amount of stress and work the wafer in my bator gives me. BUT it is economical in comparison... What do you think? I may chuck this styrofoam mommy soon if I can settle on a replacement.
    Two years ago a coyote pack continued to attack my coop and run, digging a hole almost completely across and under the wired floor! We set rat traps every two feet around the perimeter . Three nights of hearing their yips and high tailing it out of there was all it took. They were easier than the bears! I despise the raccoons the most though... Good luck!

10. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca

Ohhh exciting!!! Chicks many chick coming!
    Welcome! Hang town is awesome will be fun to visit very rare chickens.

Something is tunneling under my big outside coop! There is dirt but no holes. What does that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by