California - Northern

Tell me about it.................they are all from Holderread's. When my son was in 4H, all his waterfowl came from them (many years ago). They were beautiful birds.
I e-mailed them a few months ago asking about minimum orders and picking them up. They were willing to waive the minimum if I picked them up, then Mariah switched over to doves/pigeons.

When I came in this evening I walked into the middle of a "getting a kitten" conversation. They have the allergies not me, I'm staying out of it.

My big fat English Orp is broody and she's now happily sitting on 12 eggs. I'm not sure if the barnie eggs are fertile yet (blue boys have been super busy trying to mate though), but I'm going to find out. She's got some wellie eggs and an olive egger too.

Oh, pictures please!!
wink.png
. I haven't taken anything out of the incubator yet, I just keep putting more eggs in.
big_smile.png

They're so sweet! I seriously love them. They seem very calm and strong and those little black freckles on their back are to die for. Yay breakfast babies!

My big fat English Orp is broody and she's now happily sitting on 12 eggs. I'm not sure if the barnie eggs are fertile yet (blue boys have been super busy trying to mate though), but I'm going to find out. She's got some wellie eggs and an olive egger too.
I was staring at my blue cochin pullet tonight (I love blue chickens), she looks like a fluffy bowling ball! I like big puffy chickens.

My big fat English Orp is broody and she's now happily sitting on 12 eggs.  I'm not sure if the barnie eggs are fertile yet (blue boys have been super busy trying to mate though), but I'm going to find out.  She's got some wellie eggs and an olive egger too.

Hope your boys managed to make "it" some how. On a side note, my sis asked me today if I w anted some peacock eggs to hatch:rolleyes:
Just what I need....DH and my neighbors would never forgive me, LOL.

All, my chicks hatched. The last two are fluffing in the bator:)

Trisha

So I candled my shipped eggs last night (day 7 was this morning), and it looks like only 3 of the 15 are developing.
barnie.gif

I was sad, so I went to Safeway a bought these.

They are huge brown eggs, and when I candled them the air cells look great! I decided to put 6 in the 'bator.

and the other 6 under my broody Silkie.

I guess I'll have to wait a week to see if they do anything. The best by date on the eggs was May 13th, so I'm thinking they are fairly fresh. Any idea's what breed of chicken they would come from?
I have extras
Aww goslings are sooo cute! I wish I could bring two home but Johnny would kill me!!

Two of my Basque girls came home from the ranch today. They've been broody for two weeks without any eggs under them and haven't been eating or drinking much. Hopefully the move will change that!
quqyze2a.jpg

Ugh I wish I was an amazing photographer like Amy Beth! :)

On a non-chicken note: I woke up this morning with a chipped front tooth! It's a small chip but right in the middle of my front tooth. How does that even happen?!?
bummer on the tooth
Quote:

Peas sell well! You don't have to keep them. I think they are not easy hatches however.

I'm getting james Marie meat pharoah silver snoflake Manchurian reg Manchurian and xl tams and something else.
The James Marie pharoahs have eggs too big to fit in a regular quail turner. He wouldn't sell me the eggs until I told him I had a humid air that would fit anything.

It was like seeing a quail line... I had to stand in it!!

Ali my bator sucks too . it ranges way up and down. I have a tough time with shipped eggs
I was thinking of buying a genesis tonight but now not sure.

The Silver eggs I got ranged from small to medium. They are not anywhere near as glossy as my blue ameraucana hen

Ali my bator sucks too . it ranges way up and down. I have a tough time with shipped eggs
I was thinking of buying a genesis tonight but now not sure.

The Silver eggs I got ranged from small to medium. They are not anywhere near as glossy as my blue ameraucana hen

Are you going to get a Dickey? Deanne has one now and loves It!

Back
Top Bottom