California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Tell me about it.................they are all from Holderread's. When my son was in 4H, all his waterfowl came from them (many years ago). They were beautiful birds.

2. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    I e-mailed them a few months ago asking about minimum orders and picking them up. They were willing to waive the minimum if I picked them up, then Mariah switched over to doves/pigeons.

When I came in this evening I walked into the middle of a "getting a kitten" conversation. They have the allergies not me, I'm staying out of it.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    My big fat English Orp is broody and she's now happily sitting on 12 eggs. I'm not sure if the barnie eggs are fertile yet (blue boys have been super busy trying to mate though), but I'm going to find out. She's got some wellie eggs and an olive egger too.

4. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    [​IMG]
    They're so sweet! I seriously love them. They seem very calm and strong and those little black freckles on their back are to die for. Yay breakfast babies!

5. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I was staring at my blue cochin pullet tonight (I love blue chickens), she looks like a fluffy bowling ball! I like big puffy chickens.

6. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

Hope your boys managed to make "it" some how. On a side note, my sis asked me today if I w anted some peacock eggs to hatch:rolleyes:
    Just what I need....DH and my neighbors would never forgive me, LOL.

All, my chicks hatched. The last two are fluffing in the bator:)

Trisha

7. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    I have extras
    bummer on the tooth
    Quote:

8. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    Peas sell well! You don't have to keep them. I think they are not easy hatches however.

I'm getting james Marie meat pharoah silver snoflake Manchurian reg Manchurian and xl tams and something else.
    The James Marie pharoahs have eggs too big to fit in a regular quail turner. He wouldn't sell me the eggs until I told him I had a humid air that would fit anything.

It was like seeing a quail line... I had to stand in it!!

9. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    Ali my bator sucks too . it ranges way up and down. I have a tough time with shipped eggs
    I was thinking of buying a genesis tonight but now not sure.

The Silver eggs I got ranged from small to medium. They are not anywhere near as glossy as my blue ameraucana hen

10. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Are you going to get a Dickey? Deanne has one now and loves It!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by