California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    AmyBeth, there's a lady on here that sells them. Let me look for the link.

2. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you! <3

3. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you Deb!

4. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    I didn't order hatchery eggs I did order hatchery chicks from Privett. I felt better about them coming from NM than further East. But if I order from a hatchery again it will be straight run. More likely, like you I imagine all my friends here will be more than happy to keep me in chicks.

One of my choc rocks is out! so 3 out now 1 pip and 1 zip[​IMG]

5. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    check in the buy, sell trade everything else section. later in they year the WYGS ( what you got swap) has sewers who put up hen saddles.

6. Chickengirl1304

Chickengirl1304 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2012
    California
    Ok so I have gold laced orps and jubilees in the incubator. My husband has given me the ok to get 2 more new breeds :) God love him!

So I was thinking blue/gold partridge brahmas and one other????? Any ideas?? I want them for the beauty and also because I want to sell hatching eggs if my husband gets me a nice website up :) so any input for some pretty birds that also are maybe a rare breed?

7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    With the theme you have going, you might like Blue Barnies or Gold laced Wendottes.

Congratulations and good luck on your new chicken adventure!

8. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 3+ and 4+ week old Easter Egger chicks (won't be able to sex those for another a couple of weeks + true Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs incubating that are due in another week. The W/BW Ameraucana chicks can be color sexed at 4 weeks of age which is handy.

I am in Grass Valley but meet people in Auburn to save them the extra hour driving to and from our house [​IMG]

9. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    Laced chickens like wyndotts are not that common in nor cal. I would get something with a colored egg, however, if you are trying to sell chicks. People like a mix. Or autosexing breeds. they are the rage atm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by