California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Flowers of Abba

Flowers of Abba Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    South lake tahoe

I crochet 5 saddles once. We did a breeding project with a EE roo and he REALLY liked the hatchery girls. That's officially when my husband realized I was a crazy chicken lady!!!

Next time around it would be easier to purchase these .thanks for the link Deb!

2. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    that is two nights in a row you have dreamt of hatching chicks. It is a good sign I hope. Good vibes headed your way [​IMG]

3. Ali707

Ali707 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Magnolia, TX

Well we shall see. My early pipper seems to maybe have quit overnight. Started zipping in a really big take out a lotta shell kind of way.

But I noticed it pipped pretty low and it looks kind of wet in there still. It may have drown.

Everything else is quiet.

4. Hangtown Farms

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    one of my crele lays a egg like this as well. have you hatched any with heavy bloom?

5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Yes it is time for a hatch update! I hope they are ok and hatching!

[​IMG]

If not post eggtopsy pictures so we can get the next hatch working even better!

6. Hangtown Farms

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    Ron my wafer seems to be working.
    Temps are running between 99-100 in
    the Dino bator

7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I have one in there now that has quite a bit of bloom on it. I will let you know how it does.

I should not go stinky that is for sure!

8. Hangtown Farms

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    I hear you. I have been eating mine. she has so much on it it almost looks creamy Like the inside of a Cadbury egg.

9. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Someone could join me in my Langshan project! I'm planning on breeding to SOP before thinking about egg color. Have you read the Langshan Thread!!! Welcome to 2012! thread? It is not very active but there is some great info there. We have one member from South Wales and another from Australia. There has been a lot of discussion about Croads. I really wonder how many of the UK Croads actually lay an egg that looks purple. The gentleman in South Wales believes that our Langshans in this country are identical to the Croads that they have there. We've also talked about how there was some problem with the Langshans in Australia so they bred them to Australorps so they are different than the Croads. Anyway, come on over to the thread and join us! [​IMG]

I forget if I've posted pics of my Langshan eggs on this thread but I love the color and they do occasionally have a hint of purplish bloom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  10. Hangtown Farms

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    I wish I could but am on breed and special project overload lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by