California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

I think wolftracks (Kim) on the California (Not Northern) thread has some. She is in Modesto. Not sure what color hers are though.

2. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    I seem to have got it dialed in so hoping
    awe thanks.
    You may have a vole as well
    lol I need not mean to offend your incubator.
    I finally got the new wafer dialed in thank goodness
    so how big is that? I assume 2x2 means to incubating trays and two hatching trays.
    It looks like one of those mini beer fridges
    nice hairdo
    Judi you are welcome to stop by. what part do you live?
    I am off sly park rd 1 mile down from Sierra springs

3. skeeve101

skeeve101 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    Thanks Chickee.

4. Hangtown Farms

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    great pics Amy Beth
    just ask potential landlords on the chickens
    cute
    a week apart but you need another hatcher
    x2

5. CALI CHICK

CALI CHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Rio Linda, CA
    I have a broody EE that's been sitting on 5 of my silkie eggs for 2 weeks now. She was broody and I figured I've got these fertile eggs just sitting here -so good timing! They should hatch next Friday.
    Wellllllllll, the problem is that I don't trust her as a first time Momma, especially to my silkie babies. I had planned to separate them and hand raise the babies anyway (eventually adding them to my silkie pens). Would it be too terrible for her if I stuck her in a broody-breaker and hatched the chicks in one of my incubators? [​IMG] I don't want to traumatize her for the rest of her chicken life but maybe chickens really don't care?

6. lizanne

lizanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Citrus Heights, Ca
    I was wondering the same thing. I have a broody Silkie sitting on 6 eggs, and I have more eggs in my incubator. When they hatch I want to put all the chicks together in the brooder, but I don't to traumatize the Mama.

7. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Great picture.. too cute!
    Chickens have very short term memories. If you don't mind breaking a chicken of broody then she will soon forget if you can break her. If you can't ... some keep trying until they have chicks. Each bird is different. But they will forgive you if you feed them mealworms...[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. lawatt

lawatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2012
    sonoma county
    Kim, those baby Delawares! too much cuteness!!!!

sad to report my first predator loss here: one of the light sussex girls must have been busy dustbathing or something when i put them away last night (i'd had a rather hideous day at work and was undoubtedly not paying attention like i should), as today there are a lot of white feathers scattered along a trail of trampled-down trail into the meadow grass... and then nothing. poor girl. (although now i have a better sense of just how effectively predator-proof the coop is!)

9. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

10. Hangtown Farms

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    sorry so frustrating when that happens.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by