California - Northern

Wish we had  a drop here.  I will have to check out the process at Skyway Feed.   They can be very frustrating to buy from though.  They are often out of stuff and I end having to go to Chico to buy feed.  I have looked for feed the last couple of times I have been to Costco in Chico and have not been able to find it here.  They only seem to carry it when they also have the chicken coops.  I don't remember seeing any in the Chico store this year

Ron...do you have any pictures of your Arkansas Blues?.  I was given a chick by someone a month or so back and cannot tell which one it is now that they are older.  I am afraid I may have gotten it mixed up with some of my others and sold it!
really cute chicks:)

Quote:
He looks like a Black Copper Marans hen should look...but with leakage. I haven't seen any Black Marans roosters so don't know what they should look like
Loving this thunder storm anyone right underneath it?
I wish! We may get some later this afternoon. Hopefully there will be rain with it if we do.

Quote: Thanks! I agree. I may let them out of the pen this weekend when it cools down more so I can supervise.

can any one tell me how to stop a hen from pecking another hen, i just noticed it today
If she is hurting the other one, you could try pinless peepers:

PINLESS-P-1-2T.jpg

egg cartons.com has them but you can get them from other places:

http://www.eggcartons.com/Pinless-Peepers-p/pinless-p-1.htm

Last edited:
We ran away from the heat today, Fog bank out over the ocean and a little breeze-heavenly! Watched the osprey fishing for their young, seals playing in the surf, a couple surf fishing, I think the cormorants were helping them. Half hour from home at 6:00-temp of 106°, all right all ready!

I thought of you Amy.
We take North Bank Road into Smith River. I first met Eric at the bug station there and there is a nice beach there by the Nautical Inn for the dog to play on.

Back
Top Bottom