California - Northern

Put a thread that your looking for bantam pullets in the "buy sell trade" section, chickens 8 weeks and older column and Craigslist.

Specify what bantam breed your looking for also.
Thanks for your advise. When and if we get some bantam pullets we’ll look here under the buy sell trade threads. We just got back from meeting up with the Mille Fleur D’Uccle’s new owner. She was great and very knowledgeable. She is a staffer on this site. He will be very well cared for! :celebrate She even gifted us some chicken first aid supplies!:love He’s a lucky boy.

Unless you get that free chick, always a rooster.
Poor roosters. :idunno I wish there was a humane way to decrow them and that more vets were available to do it. We would have kept some of these boys for sure if they just weren’t so loud. Now we have our fingers crossed that the two Silkies we have left in with the only for sure hen are girls. We’re 98% sure one is a cockerel though. He isn’t crowing yet which leaves us some time. Plus, unless minds change we have a couple people interested in them. If we figure out that we will only be left with one banty hen, I’ll definitely check out Cackle. :)

Poor roosters. :idunno I wish there was a humane way to decrow them and that more vets were available to do it. We would have kept some of these boys for sure if they just weren’t so loud. Now we have our fingers crossed that the two Silkies we have left in with the only for sure hen are girls. We’re 98% sure one is a cockerel though. He isn’t crowing yet which leaves us some time. Plus, unless minds change we have a couple people interested in them. If we figure out that we will only be left with one banty hen, I’ll definitely check out Cackle. :)
You take away a roosters crowing you take away his his joie de vivre.

My first hens were a 6 pack from Cackle!

I wish there was a humane way to decrow them and that more vets were available to do it.
i wonder if “neutering” them would make them quieter? Im learning how to with my group supposedly the meat is really good when they are done so figured id try.

hey all! Yes im back! Lol.
hey anyone know someone with a few fertile goose or turkey eggs? I have a broody hen and want to use her to my advantage lol. Or brahma eggs too, since i want to work with them as a breed as well. Im in cottonwood but willing to travel, anyone have any connections?

also figured id update some pics of my group!

Attachments

• 95F2332A-770B-4E4E-94D0-9C28778D20C0.jpeg
    95F2332A-770B-4E4E-94D0-9C28778D20C0.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 3
  • A6F05613-5AB0-4EAD-9DF9-9029F99B6FA9.jpeg
    A6F05613-5AB0-4EAD-9DF9-9029F99B6FA9.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2F31D844-065A-4178-BF17-FB70A79921AD.jpeg
    2F31D844-065A-4178-BF17-FB70A79921AD.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 4
  • D203930D-E750-40EC-98C3-47C7DCEDD6AF.jpeg
    D203930D-E750-40EC-98C3-47C7DCEDD6AF.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 2
  • D9F6CAA0-EBCC-460E-922B-ED7B4F8A502B.jpeg
    D9F6CAA0-EBCC-460E-922B-ED7B4F8A502B.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 18743803-0268-4B89-83B7-928D9D2A3B4B.jpeg
    18743803-0268-4B89-83B7-928D9D2A3B4B.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 3
i wonder if “neutering” them would make them quieter? Im learning how to with my group supposedly the meat is really good when they are done so figured id try.

hey anyone know someone with a few fertile goose or turkey eggs? I have a broody hen and want to use her to my advantage lol. Or brahma eggs too, since i want to work with them as a breed as well. Im in cottonwood but willing to travel, anyone have any connections?

Wow your SF have beards instead of muffs, lol. It looks nice.

Welcome back.

Back
Top Bottom