California - Northern

Do they need more roost space?
I doubt it. There are only four and they have 6 feet of roost, 2x4. They sometimes act like pullets do in the beginning of the evening. But they all have their place. They like being close To one another unless it’s super hot. They were raised together.

Do they need more roost space?
Hi!

I doubt it, there are only four and the roost is 6 feet long. They were hand-raised together so they have to be around one another all of the time. They just try getting under each other sometimes even though they’re no longer pullets. Then a mishap happens and off one goes. It’s not a far fall but they could not see to get back up as of recent because it was so Dark covered with blankets on the hardware cloth “windows” (for winter), but nothing with low level dollar tree bluish solar lights they’re good. They really like it better, the big babies.

I doubt it. There are only four and they have 6 feet of roost, 2x4. They sometimes act like pullets do in the beginning of the evening. But they all have their place. They like being close To one another unless it’s super hot. They were raised together.
Perfect!

You have room for two more though.....

It's Snowmageddon 2021 out here! Got an unprecedented amount of snowfall last 2 days. We prepared for the power outage, but our entire county is a disaster. Trees could not take the snow load. Huge oaks took out both our cars and just missed a neighbor's house by mere inches. We lost about a dozen huge oaks that, in turn, took out a handful of pines. One is now resting on our roof. Amazingly, there is no damage to the roof!

Chickens and ducks are just fine. They have to stay in the run for now because the fence for the chicken yard was demolished. The goats are also confined for now because their fence is gone. Luckily, both birds and goats are out of the line of any monster trees.

All roads are blocked by downed trees or power lines. All highways are closed. Almost all of South County is without power. We are stuck because our cars aren't driveable, and both our roads are blocked by fallen oaks.

Well, at least now we won't need permits to take them down...

It's Snowmageddon 2021 out here! Got an unprecedented amount of snowfall last 2 days. We prepared for the power outage, but our entire county is a disaster. Trees could not take the snow load. Huge oaks took out both our cars and just missed a neighbor's house by mere inches. We lost about a dozen huge oaks that, in turn, took out a handful of pines. One is now resting on our roof. Amazingly, there is no damage to the roof!

Chickens and ducks are just fine. They have to stay in the run for now because the fence for the chicken yard was demolished. The goats are also confined for now because their fence is gone. Luckily, both birds and goats are out of the line of any monster trees.

All roads are blocked by downed trees or power lines. All highways are closed. Almost all of South County is without power. We are stuck because our cars aren't driveable, and both our roads are blocked by fallen oaks.

Well, at least now we won't need permits to take them down...
I hope the cleanup goes well!

We got 2 trees taken care of. Now we have 468754256533 to go - lol!

My goat's loafing pen is a SWAMP. Got to dig that out this morning. Still no power. Still can't go anywhere.

"Locals" say we should have been prepared and removed trees. We had a couple of arborists out this time last year that removed about 30. Guess I should have had them take 50 instead. We are going to systematically take out the oaks and any other trees that are bending this spring.

Enjoy some pics of what I'm calling Treepocalypse 2021:
20211228_115652.jpg

20211228_115611.jpg

20211228_115149.jpg

20211227_103433.jpg

Here's the one that JUST missed the neighbor's. Found out this was NOT our tree, but we'll help take it down:
20211228_115214.jpg

We got 2 trees taken care of. Now we have 468754256533 to go - lol!

My goat's loafing pen is a SWAMP. Got to dig that out this morning. Still no power. Still can't go anywhere.

"Locals" say we should have been prepared and removed trees. We had a couple of arborists out this time last year that removed about 30. Guess I should have had them take 50 instead. We are going to systematically take out the oaks and any other trees that are bending this spring.

Enjoy some pics of what I'm calling Treepocalypse 2021:
View attachment 2944439
View attachment 2944441
View attachment 2944442
View attachment 2944443

Here's the one that JUST missed the neighbor's. Found out this was NOT our tree, but we'll help take it down:
View attachment 2944447
It looks like a lot of work!

Back
Top Bottom