California - Northern

Wanted: SF Bay Area Foster Family(Flock) for Silky Roo

Handsome silky roo looking for a foster family(flock). Anywhere in the SF Bay Area would work for us.

Our family, along with our flock, are planning to move to a rooster friendly location within the next 6 months. Until then, we are hoping to find a foster family for our young silky roo. He is a gentle soul and really nice to have around.

Please PM me if you are able to take in Junior on a temporary basis.

Thank you for your consideration.
Tracy

Wanted: SF Bay Area Foster Family(Flock) for Silky Roo

Handsome silky roo looking for a foster family(flock). Anywhere in the SF Bay Area would work for us.

Our family, along with our flock, are planning to move to a rooster friendly location within the next 6 months. Until then, we are hoping to find a foster family for our young silky roo. He is a gentle soul and really nice to have around.

Please PM me if you are able to take in Junior on a temporary basis.

Thank you for your consideration.
Tracy

@chiqita lives near you and has fostered for folks before.

I hope she can help you!

Yes, I understand your concern. Can you ask him about his experience shipping in winter? Is your mail service prompt? I wonder if you can alert them ahead of time. I did that with my Aracunas. Still, our weather was clement. I also wonder if there are shipping laws governing chicks. Anyone know!?

I got my first egg!! At 7 months old and no eggs, I had just figured they wouldn't start laying until spring. But my grandma was visiting from Sacramento and was seeing my chickens, and pointed to a spot on the ground and said "Look, an egg". Sure enough, one of the hens had laid an egg some time after I had fed them that morning. The next morning I was surprised to find one again, this time in the nest box(yay!). I knew it was one of the Andalusians laying the eggs, but didn't know who(I suspected the Black, because she had the largest, flopped over comb) and this morning she proved me right. I sat out there and watched as she went into the nest box, then back out onto the ground where she paced along the fence. Back into the coop where she started clucking, then went into the nest box and dug around a little bit. Back into the ground for more restless pacing, then into the coop/nest box again. For half an hour(I timed it) she spun around in circles, digging and scratching in the nest box until it was finally perfect. And after a couple minutes of sitting very still and very quiet, started looking underneath her belly, where I saw an egg.
Funny enough, it's the hen that thinks she's a roo that started laying first.

The first egg

The 3rd egg, laid this morning(she's laid 3 days in a row!). It's the same size and shape as the one in the picture above, just looks a bit different because of the angle of this picture. All 3 eggs have had nice hard shells. Don't mind the purple comb in this picture, it's just from Blue Kote.

Back
Top Bottom