California - Northern

He does...and he posted a picture of them, but they look pretty close to the color of mine. I was hoping for darker. I still might get some from him if I can't find any that are closer to what I am looking for. He is pretty close to me (up in Redding) so they should get her pretty quick if I do order from him.
What was special about them?

Heaven Sent Ranch in Red Bluff has Little Pedlar Marans.

I want to hatch some more but my Splash girl is either not laying now or she is laying somewhere in the yard. My Pita Pinta cockerel now has a harem of Cream Legbars that follow him around. They seem to tolerate being jumped more than the other girls. The Pita Pinta girls are not quite at POL so they don't want anything to do with him. I also have 3 Wellies and he chases them around the yard but they scream like they are being murdered while running away from him. I love watching it all!
Cute Visual.... your CLs must like that mottled look
big_smile.png
At some point I think/hope to have multiple broodies so maybe when that happens we can talk about chicks tyo break a broody or eggs to satisfy her :) Where do you live again? I am not opposed to driving...I am used to it. No one who lives in Lake County is likely to complain about making a drive.

I live in elk grove. Considering a small coop with 4 chickens. Any suggestions in the area for purchasing and does anyone know the ordinance in this area.

Cute Visual.... your CLs must like that mottled look
big_smile.png
At some point I think/hope to have multiple broodies so maybe when that happens we can talk about chicks tyo break a broody or eggs to satisfy her :) Where do you live again? I am not opposed to driving...I am used to it. No one who lives in Lake County is likely to complain about making a drive.
Pita Pinta Roosters are the cool kids....They are like big foot ball jocks. I am sure the Pita Pinta pullets will love him too soon.

He does...and he posted a picture of them, but they look pretty close to the color of mine.  I was hoping for darker.  I still might get some from him if I can't find any that are closer to what I am looking for.    He is pretty close to me (up in Redding) so they should get her pretty quick if I do order from him.
Here are my BCM eggs. No sure I yours or papas color. This is when they start their laying cycle
[/IMG]

I live in elk grove. Considering a small coop with 4 chickens. Any suggestions in the area for purchasing and does anyone know the ordinance in this area.
Elk Grove is Sacramento County? They just started letting people to have chickens a couple of year ago.

There are lots of options for getting chickens close to you.

What are you looking for?

smilies-3435.png

I use the ovaview High Intensity. Get it from Brinse and find the new discount code from their face book page.

It is great for dark eggs
Thank you :) I think amazon was confusing. not the best descriptions there. will look at brinea…Love Coupon Codes!!

For the first and larger group of eggs, the humidity was around 42-45% until day 18 then 52-55% until hatching began. It stayed at 62% during hatch. The last 2 eggs were staggered hatch and were started 2 and 3 days after the other eggs. I turned off the turner at day 19 (day 17 and 16 for the last 2) because I didn't want to have to open the incubator while the larger group of eggs was hatching. This was the most hands off hatch that I have ever had and the best hatch rate. Set 14 eggs, 13 made it to lock down, and 12 hatched. I just left them alone and didn't have to help any of them. All 12 are healthy with no foot problems. I think that in the past, I have rushed in to help before it was necessary.
Thank you. I was curious because i've been reading about people using different humidities.

Back
Top Bottom