California - Northern

...Or I'll end up reporting every time I come back from the coop, again...

I braved the (possible) broody, and found that if I gather eggs with my left hand, my wedding and engagement rings take the brunt of the assault
lol.png
Frieda's chest looks like she may have plucked some--then again, I've been seeing her feathers all around the coop and run, and feathers have been hanging loosely off her back--is there normally a mini-molt around 8 months?

Last edited:
Amazing hatch coming to a close...

7 of 9 silkie/sizzles hatched, 1 more internally pipped (last one has no movement so not expecting anything)
9 of 10 choc orps have hatched, last one is externally pipped & zipping right now

Here's the latest pics:

L to R: silkie (marked "SR", has a slight brown hue to topknot & undercarriage) and potential sizzle ("zig")

First 2 choc orps with a white silkie (?:egg marked "wbc") in the middle

5 more choc orps

So addicting!

Amazing hatch coming to a close...

7 of 9 silkie/sizzles hatched, 1 more internally pipped (last one has no movement so not expecting anything)
9 of 10 choc orps have hatched, last one is externally pipped & zipping right now

Here's the latest pics:

L to R: silkie (marked "SR", has a slight brown hue to topknot & undercarriage) and potential sizzle ("zig")

First 2 choc orps with a white silkie (?:egg marked "wbc") in the middle

5 more choc orps

So addicting!
glad you had a great hatch! I've been getting the same results from my bantam pens and my choc pen. :) The WBC is a bantam cochin.

Well I had a 32 week old pullet missing for several weeks and then she showed up yesterday with a few additions
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Finally caught her this morning
cool.png

Crazy bird as this is her seconded hatch this summer
smile.png

So 7 new chicks and all EE chicks
big_smile.png

gander007
old.gif

Well I had a 32 week old pullet missing for several weeks and then she showed up yesterday with a few additions
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Finally caught her this morning
cool.png

Crazy bird as this is her seconded hatch this summer
smile.png

So 7 new chicks and all EE chicks