California - Northern

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am totally stuffed!
big_smile.png

Happy Thanksgiving too!

Yes, very stuffed.

Hi Silkies Forever,
In temporary opposition to Ron Ottman's declaration that we do not care where you are from, in your case at least, I'm curious about that particular. This is especially so if you are interested in selling a brace of say 1 cockerel and four Silkie pullets for I would drive to see and procure them from you. One cannot have too many of them. I particularly favor the white bearded type. To those of you who remember Al Capp's cartoon rendition of the shmoos tell me that a Silkie is not the living embodiment of those fictitious critters. Too cute for words and highly utilitarian to boot! Yep, this old man is impatiently waiting for spring season to breed more. I'm one of those Gotta have now Americans. If any of you close to me have quality Silkies for sale call at 1 (209) 327-2068 and let's palaver.
Again, as usual, I wish one and all great health and contentment,
Neal, the Zooman

does any one know who has frizzled cochins our way? I have a local friend that is looking for some.
I could probably hatch eggs for her if needed as well.
If so please pm your contact info and ill get it to her.
Thanks

I think sheri in lincoln has large fowl cochins.

I have bantam whites and a bantam project color that is most akin to silver laced or silver penciled.

I have a selection, I'll get a picture soon. I do have a question, my chickens are loosing the feathers off their backs but then they come back and fall out again and this has been going on for a year or so and they are going on to be 3 years old name="ronott1" url="/t/25/california-northern/57600#post_14403520"]

Welcome to the thread!. ;)

What chickens do you have?[/quote]

I have a selection, I'll get a picture soon. I do have a question, my chickens are loosing the feathers off their backs but then they come back and fall out again and this has been going on for a year or so and they are going on to be 3 years old

Welcome to the thread!.
wink.png

What chickens do you have?
[/QUOTE]
The first thing to do is to make sure they are getting a good feed with the correct amount of protein. Limit treats, scratch and etc. Their number one source of nutrition needs to be chicken feed. If they are not laying a lot of eggs, give them a grower feed or flock raiser and provide free choice calcium.

One of the chickens may be feather picking. If so, they sell plastic peepers for their beak. It lets them eat but not pull feathers out.

Check closely for feather lice.

It is great to have you here!

What's you guys think of the Color of these reds?

The color is too light and they do not have a brick shape. The feathers are too loose and they should not be down that low. Legs are a bit light.

What I am saying about the brick shape is that the body is too short.

They are not good quality.

My two year old hen is closer to what they should look like.

Back
Top Bottom