California - Northern

Okay guys, I need your help. I took one of my pullets to the fair (she won 2nd place and she was a feed store baby, lol), but now she's not being accepted back in the flock. HELP!!!
I just went through this with one of my pullets, Cuckoo, who was very ill and had to live in the house for two weeks. I only have 4 chickens, so small flock, but Angel immediately went right after Cuckoo and would not leave her alone. I took Cukoo and put her in a smaller cage within my main pen for 2 days so they could all see each other. After two days I was able to remove the smaller cage after two days. Good luck!

take out a couple of the mid to low pecking order hens and keep them with her for several days. Move the three of them back in at night.

I just went through this with one of my pullets, Cuckoo, who was very ill and had to live in the house for two weeks. I only have 4 chickens, so small flock, but Angel immediately went right after Cuckoo and would not leave her alone. I took Cukoo and put her in a smaller cage within my main pen for 2 days so they could all see each other. After two days I was able to remove the smaller cage after two days. Good luck!
Thank you, I'm doing just that. Mixing them a lil at a time. It's working out so far, she used to be #1 in the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom