California - Northern

Ok I thinik I want to try worming my chickens with the horse paste. Im looking for a recommendation on a brand etc. I saw lots of options when I was at the feed store.

Having never done this I need some help.

Also Im having some problems with soft or light shell eggs in one hen.I have been giving free choice oyster shell. Im thinking of adding the DE back to their mash again. I didn't have problems when I was adding it before.

I have one hen who lays a very thin shell egg but the membrane is tough. Cracking her eggs usually results in the shell collapsing before I can get the egg open. Im not sure  which hen this is yet. I know a few who it isnt but not exactly who it is.

I think it is also the one who's eggs are near white a lot of the time.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/812128/worming-with-horse-wormer

Try this

My polish

I had no idea he would have an issue with my friends (who he's met when I'm home). My BiL, who grew up with chickens, is going to take over from my sister. I feel so bad (for the people and for Sylvester).

Chickens are such creatures of habit. It took a couple years of showing our backyard flock to our visiting friends (not chicken owners themselves) before our chickens finally felt comfortable to accept strangers as long as we were outside with them. It's a good thing utility house meters are read remotely by satellite nowadays or else our chickens would panic if a meter reader entered the premises without us there!

Okay guys, I need your help. I took one of my pullets to the fair (she won 2nd place and she was a feed store baby, lol), but now she's not being accepted back in the flock. HELP!!!

take out a couple of the mid to low pecking order hens and keep them with her for several days. Move the three of them back in at night.

I have some blue grit for pigeons. Is there any reason I cannot use this for my chickens?

pigeon grit usually has calcium which is bad for developing chicks. You want to use chicken or chick grit for them.
Also, pigeon grit would be too small.

Back
Top Bottom