California - Northern

Apparently Sylvester (who is an utter gentleman with me) is a leg-flogging dick with my chicken sitter.
sad.png

Maybe the chicken sitter is wearing a color or something that he does not like. It is funny when that happens.

Apparently Sylvester (who is an utter gentleman with me) is a leg-flogging dick with my chicken sitter.
sad.png

Our quarantined in-house new juvenile is very comfortable with us walking around but as soon as a visitor stops by she is very wary that a stranger is in the house - unless they sit at the table with us and then she accepts them seeking treats from them or sitting on the bench next to them. Chickens like dogs or cats know who their humans are and a stranger puts them on alert.

Looks like I dodged a bullet. I have a pen with 3 pyncheons and a BLRW that hatched them. Broody fever hit and the BLRW and a pyncheon were co-brooding. 21 days later they had 2 chicks hatch, they neglected a chick and I found it dead. To prevent a reoccurrence I penned the pyncheon and chick within the pen.

The Moms desided to battle it out for the chick. The pyncheon got her lower jaw bruised, bloodied, and I think it was cracked as well. She was using it to eat and drink so I decided to watch and see how she did. It's been a week and she is still doing OK, swelling and bruising is gone but I know it is still tender. She's not losing weight but she isn't attacking me the way she was before the injury. That's a good thing, she was FIERCE!

Does anyone know where I can buy some Sufladimethoxine here in the E Bay? All of my usual online sources are either out of stock or do not ship it to CA. I have 1 sick Pita Pinta chick and only 3 days of S med left to treat her (& her brooder mates) with. They have already had a round of Amprolium. Should I give them the rest of the sulfadimethoxine and then switch to amprolium again?

Does anyone know where I can buy some Sufladimethoxine here in the E Bay? All of my usual online sources are either out of stock or do not ship it to CA. I have 1 sick Pita Pinta chick and only 3 days of S med left to treat her (& her brooder mates) with. They have already had a round of Amprolium. Should I give them the rest of the sulfadimethoxine and then switch to amprolium again?

Yes, but get a poo sample off to the CAHFS lab--fecal float with cocci test. It should be in the $10.00 range.

Make sure to use the full treatment strength.

Yes, but get a poo sample off to the CAHFS lab--fecal float with cocci test. It should be in the $10.00 range.

Thanks, Ron. There are 27 of them and they are 5-6 weeks old. I would need to check my records to be sure of their hatch date.

Does anyone know where I can buy some Sufladimethoxine here in the E Bay?  All of my usual online sources are either out of stock or do not ship it to CA.  I have 1 sick Pita Pinta chick and only 3 days of S med left to treat her (& her brooder mates) with.  They have already had a round of Amprolium.  Should I give them the rest of the sulfadimethoxine and then switch to amprolium again?
I'm in tracy and have some. I'll pm you my phone number if you decide to come get it.

They require a certain amount of poo. Something like 10 grams at least

How do I get a stool sample checked.?
cahfs.ucdavis.edu

Get the number and call them on Monday. They will walk you through the process.

Basically it is to collect the amount, pack it up and ship with the attached form.

You tell them on the form that you want to test for worms and cocci.

Back
Top Bottom