California - Northern

Only white Serama's are recognized by the ABA/APA.

Walt
Yes, But I don't think they care if the color is ABA/APA Just that the color is accepted by the breed association.

How fast do they feather out? We would need them in full adult feathers by the second week in July. I know nothing about Seramas. What colors do you have and are the frizzled or flat feathered? There are 4 kiddos and they are 4 her's. Two have never shown before and 2 have had grand champion for a couple of years but they want new blood
They feather out about the same pace as Lf. the frizzles take A Little longer to feather out.

What breeds do you raise? ALso, I was wondering where I could get a used copy of the SOP for the kids
I have white Leghorns, Ko Shamo's, Sumatra, Modern Game, old English game, Nankins and Dutch bantams. The new APA Standard will be out in February, so you should be able to find used Standards online after it is announced. Walt

I have white Leghorns, Ko Shamo's, Sumatra, Modern Game, old English game, Nankins and Dutch bantams. The new APA Standard will be out in February, so you should be able to find used Standards online after it is announced. Walt
I have one OEGB she's a black breasted red, she's one of my faves. What color/s do you breed. I was thinking those would be perfect for the kiddos. Or Nankins? What color Nankins do you have? Tried ti get those last year form a local lady but she got rid of hers at the Stanislaus Ag center field day in October I believe.

Last edited:
I have brown red oeg bantams, Nankins only come in one color but two kinds of combs. Rose and single comb. They are somewhat rare. None of mine are laying yet. I have single comb.

w.

Last edited:
I am a poultry judge, white is the only accepted color in Seramas. If the fair doesn't want non Standard birds, a Serama would be only okay in white.

Walt

Well the Breed SOP Doesn't care about the color, But I know APA And ABA say it has to be white, and they are Going to add black as well

In my experience you can show a bird of any color at the fair. Many people I know have done that. They showed Seramas in showmanship and none of them were white. For incage though you will have to have white I believe. Just my 2 cents
1f44d.png

I am a poultry judge, white is the only accepted color in Seramas. If the fair doesn't want non Standard birds, a Serama would be only okay in white.

Walt
Walt, I know you are a judge. I meant that comment for the person with the Seramas. I'm sorry about not that being clear. :) You are absolutely correct, in the cage the Fair will DQ any other color besides white. We are not looking for DQ's but also we aren't poor sports and can handle a lil let down of say, maybe, 2nd place instead of 1st, lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom