California - Northern

What type of comb is this? Anyone know what breed this is?

Yes, 4-H shows are more about record keeping and livestock management. You can show birds that are not on the APA list at those shows and get ribbons and etc.
We have an APA ABA judge up here. The 4=H birds are judged on the Dutch standard. Within the breed there is a ranking. 1st - 4th. Most of the birds entered are hatchery and our judge notes "utility" on the coop cage. A Best in Class is awarded in each class, The "Bests" compete for Best LF or Best Bantam,then Best in Show within the 4-H birds.

Just dropped in to say hi! Hope everyone is doing well. I'll be at the Modesto show, hope you are planning on a meet up.
I've been doing a little side hobby: soap making!! A couple batches I used the rendered duck fat after processing.
Here's some pics. They contain: Goats milk, Shea butter, olive oil , some have mango butter, honey colloidal oatmeal and other goodies!
The bath bombs are amazing! Your skin sucks up the oils but it isn't greasy. They have Shea , mango, colloidal oatmeal and goats milk
Really surprised how creamy the duck fat soap is. Leaves your skin super soft!
And it's nice that nothing goes to waste when processing

Just dropped in to say hi! Hope everyone is doing well. I'll be at the Modesto show, hope you are planning on a meet up.
I've been doing a little side hobby: soap making!! A couple batches I used the rendered duck fat after processing.
Here's some pics. They contain: Goats milk, Shea butter, olive oil , some have mango butter, honey colloidal oatmeal and other goodies!
The bath bombs are amazing! Your skin sucks up the oils but it isn't greasy. They have Shea , mango, colloidal oatmeal and goats milk
Really surprised how creamy the duck fat soap is. Leaves your skin super soft!
And it's nice that nothing goes to waste when processing

Impressive!

I was wondering if any of my friends on here would have any pure bred bantam hatching eggs. Cleaned legged preferred but not required. They are for my 4her's (I'm the poultry leader). We have been having a rough 2 years finding birds for our July show and the kids asked if they could hatch their own. They would be used as showmanship birds mostly but our fair requires them to be exhibition as well that is why they must be purebred. We were going to order form a hatchery but that is way to expensive for the kiddos. Thank you. PM me with info please. PS I'm also going to be looking for birds at the show in Modesto at the end of the month if we can't find anything else, it's just that kids are afraid they won't be able to tame down grown birds that haven't been handled much. Thank you. Oh, and we can travel if you happen to have chicks available
D.gif
I have Bantam Brown Red Ameraucana . they are laying off and on though but i can see what i can get if you want

cool poster . I wish the show was not in a galaxy far far away though

Back
Top Bottom