California - Northern

Ok now that I have fertile eggs I need to buy some broodybators. Anyone have any chickens that like to go broody? I looked my chickens and according to the chart all are extremely unlikely to go broody. Should I just wait and see? If any one has a broody for sale , I might be interested. My other thought is to just buy an incubator. I would just like to hatch a few eggs and understand the process. I have quite a barnyard mix so I think the chicks are going to very weird looking but so far it's been fun. Any suggestions?
I have several that like to go broody--but not now! The silly girls like to go broody when it is 110 outside! One of them went broody 4 times last year.

The one that is a good broody and mom is a blue barnvelder of all things. She is gorgeous!

Ok now that I have fertile eggs I need to buy some broodybators. Anyone have any chickens that like to go broody? I looked my chickens and according to the chart all are extremely unlikely to go broody. Should I just wait and see? If any one has a broody for sale , I might be interested. My other thought is to just buy an incubator. I would just like to hatch a few eggs and understand the process. I have quite a barnyard mix so I think the chicks are going to very weird looking but so far it's been fun. Any suggestions?

That is what I am testing this year, I have a few older bantam brahmas I got with my flock, they are a broody breed so I will be keeping records to see if they go broody. If they go broody they can stay, if not (they are no longer laying) will be re homed.

Thanks ronott1, I love that link--What a great idea! I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Thank you!!

QueenMisha, I saw your website while googling around last night and have been loving your website and ogling your offerings. I'll definitely be stopping by the next time we're in the area!

Here is a picture of the beautiful
rooster I bought from Honora. He is doing well.
Aw, he looks great! <3 So happy he is doing well & is giving you some fertile eggs. Your hen is very pretty; what breed is she? I bet you get some pretty mixes; can't wait to see how they turn out!

Aw, he looks great!  <3 So happy he is doing well & is giving you some fertile eggs. Your hen is very pretty; what breed is she? I bet you get some pretty mixes; can't wait to see how they turn out!

That bird is one of my Egyptian fayoumi.
I got her from my mcmurray ornamental layer assortment. I don't reccomend the breed unless you want a very heat tolerant, good free ranger but not very friendly. Also good flyer.

Back
Top Bottom