California - Northern

Have to just geek out for a minute I was surprised tonight by this, my first ever broody hatched chick. Now you do not know how rare this pic actually is. See that is a barred holland broody that hatched out a Pita Pinta.
its the only viable egg from her clutch and Ill see if I can graft on a few more feed store delawares tomorrow.

We were expecting her eggs to hatch tomorrow or thursday but apparently the pita egg I gave her had a bit of a head start and the other eggs turned out to be duds. I hope she will accept them Ill try giving them to her at night tomorrow should be about the same age as the pita so should be fine. My delaware broody is only sitting on one iffy egg right now so I can try her if this girl doesnt take them. I am going to get some welsumer chicks on friday too so I hope things will work out that she will take the dels and the delaware will take the wellies.

My ducklings hatching hurried along the 1 good egg from 8 shipped, a paint silkie. A day early!
They are all buddied up.
Too cute.

Have to just geek out for a minute I was surprised tonight by this, my first ever broody hatched chick. Now you do not know how rare this pic actually is. See that is a barred holland broody that hatched out a Pita Pinta.
its the only viable egg from her clutch and Ill see if I can graft on a few more feed store delawares tomorrow.

We were expecting her eggs to hatch tomorrow or thursday but apparently the pita egg I gave her had a bit of a head start and the other eggs turned out to be duds. I hope she will accept them Ill try giving them to her at night tomorrow should be about the same age as the pita so should be fine. My delaware broody is only sitting on one iffy egg right now so I can try her if this girl doesnt take them. I am going to get some welsumer chicks on friday too so I hope things will work out that she will take the dels and the delaware will take the wellies.
Aw, so cute! Now you are making me want Pita Pinta chicks.

Pita Pinta chicks are so cute and Sturdy!

I hope she accepts the new chicks.

Back
Top Bottom