California - Northern

@Granny368W

BYC was updated this morning--the site was down for quite some time. Hopefully the upload problem has been fixed!

Please try posting again.

When we get home I'll try those pictures again. Just checking, twice this week we stopped in at TSC and b they don't have any feather fixer. They told me today that they aren't going to carry it anymore! What?? Why??2nd trip this week, so I guess I'll be going back to Big R....
1f620.png

When we get home I'll try those pictures again. Just checking, twice this week we stopped in at TSC and b they don't have any feather fixer. They told me today that they aren't going to carry it anymore! What?? Why??2nd trip this week, so I guess I'll be going back to Big R....
1f620.png

Are related to Sharon Ott, lived in Sunnyvale?

They seem much more comfortable. I can't see any mites on their faces, but I do see a couple when I look deeper. Not nearly as many as before though.
How long should I wait before treating them again?

They really are awful. SO hard to get rid of.
Check them tomorrow--The new ones may be coming form outside the coop. For a day or so, the spinosad will keep killing the ones that get to them. As long as the infestation does not go too crazy, wait 7 days to treat again.

Have you tried these? https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/no_mite_strips.html

No Mite Strips
Picture
Click to Enlarge Catalog Number Description 1 2-3 4 or more How Many
6NO No Mite Strips - Package of 5 Strips $6.45 $5.80 $5.25

add_to_wishlist.png

no_mite_strips_main.jpg
The Permethrin ""No Mite Strip"" is the most effective, efficient, and economical application of an insecticide to protect your flocks from Northern Fowl Mites. As the birds touch the strip, the insecticide transfers directly from the surface of the strip to the birds. None of the insecticide contaminates the environment and you can achieve up to two years of continuous protection with these strips. - Usage: 1 Strip per 5 birds.
Additional images - click to enlarge.

1f620.png

I just got some today... hope its just your tractor supply! sorry about that!!

Quote:

No Mite Strips​
Picture
Click to Enlarge Catalog Number Description 1 2-3 4 or more How Many
6NO No Mite Strips - Package of 5 Strips $6.45 $5.80 $5.25

add_to_wishlist.png

no_mite_strips_main.jpg
The Permethrin ""No Mite Strip"" is the most effective, efficient, and economical application of an insecticide to protect your flocks from Northern Fowl Mites. As the birds touch the strip, the insecticide transfers directly from the surface of the strip to the birds. None of the insecticide contaminates the environment and you can achieve up to two years of continuous protection with these strips. - Usage: 1 Strip per 5 birds.
Additional images - click to enlarge.

That's so interesting! Do you stick them to the coop?

Back
Top Bottom