California - Northern

Hey I understand. We all have our favorites!
smile.png

He is my favorite rooster, His hen however... She is my favorite. and my showmanship chicken!

Anyone here going to the National Heirloom Expo in Santa Rosa this week? I'm heading to bed right now so I can be up bright and early tomorrow to drive down and set up a booth with my boss, plus coop in the show birds. It'll be my third year going, what fun!

I wish it was on the weekend! Can't get up there during the week.

Anyone here going to the National Heirloom Expo in Santa Rosa this week? I'm heading to bed right now so I can be up bright and early tomorrow to drive down and set up a booth with my boss, plus coop in the show birds. It'll be my third year going, what fun!
I didn't know you could show birds there. Sounds like fun!

I didn't know you could show birds there. Sounds like fun!

Yup, it's a decent little show! I think there was maybe 200-250 birds there last year and this year is expected to be bigger.

I am pretty definitely going on Wed and look forward to meeting @QueenMisha
 at her booth and anyone else on the thread who will be there!

I'll be excited to see you around as well! We're driving down now to get set up, I've got my boy Norman with me.

Yup, it's a decent little show! I think there was maybe 200-250 birds there last year and this year is expected to be bigger.
I'll be excited to see you around as well! We're driving down now to get set up, I've got my boy Norman with me.

Cute! Love pics of chickens riding in cars.

How do you give the calf manna?

At first I just gave them 5 TBS. on the ground in the run... The other chickens could not get to it... But then I saw some of the others were molting so I started giving it to all of them.... Then I put it in the scratch that I would sit out and watch them....

There are instructions for poultry on the bag--it is mixed into the feed by weight. You can also toss out some like scratch.

A little bit goes a long way with calf manna.

Ron, here's another picture of her closer.. she looks like a porcupine...lol

Back
Top Bottom