California - Northern

Oh no one of the ones you hatched?
That is why I like the Naked Neck chickens, they appear to be too large for the hawks and the very big rooster stands around watching over his hens. The chicken folks up the road lost 21 chickens to hawks last year (out of about 200). I don't know how things are this year, but I am sure that the count is down as the two largest hawks are missing (maybe they migrated).

Theyu will get chicks but in general they are carrion eaters

That's kind of good to know lol. I plan on letting my hens brood next year. They are free ranged so not sure how that will work. We have a very alert rooster though so hopefully that will help.

I used to do that too but then my birds caught lice from the crows.

Don't want those lol.

There is a 530 Facebook group for chickens?

I use it and love it. I've found homes for quite a few hens and roosters there. I haven't found any that I want though. There is always a ton of roosters listed.

Anyone know where to find any bantam cochins? I can never find anything I want locally..
sad.png
Dyann Blaine @Chooklet I think. She is the cochinator lady

Anyone know where to find any bantam cochins? I can never find anything I want locally.. :(

[COLOR=365899]Dyann Blaine[/COLOR]  @Chooklet
  I think. She is the cochinator lady

I've got one of Chooklet's birds! Well, had. She got sent to my best friend because she was best buddies with a special needs roo I gave to her. And yeah, her Banty Cochins are awesome and super cute - I'd totally recommend her as a breeder.

[COLOR=365899]Dyann Blaine[/COLOR]  @Chooklet
  I think. She is the cochinator lady

I've got one of Chooklet's birds! Well, had. She got sent to my best friend because she was best buddies with a special needs roo I gave to her. And yeah, her Banty Cochins are awesome and super cute - I'd totally recommend her as a breeder.

Thanks guys I'll pm her! :)

Back
Top Bottom