California - Northern

Good question!
I'll ask the person who has the hen.
smile.png

What kind of hen do you get occasional grey eggs from, Ron?
It is from one of my amelias(crele penne x cream legbar) crossed with Partridge Penedesneca, so an OE bred to a dark egg layer--a second generation cross. I expect to see more of them this spring.

The one on the top right has the grey in it. I also get one that looks green in regular light and brown under florescent light.

Last edited:
I read that Easter Eggers can produce blue, green, sage, mint, blue-green, pink, tinted, white, and STONE color eggs. I imagine "stone" would be the "gray" eggs. People sure have fun playing with EE genetics in cross-breedings!

It is from one of my amelias(crele penne x cream legbar) crossed with Partridge Penedesneca, so an OE bred to a dark egg layer--a second generation cross. I expect to see more of them this spring.

The one on the top right has the grey in it. I also get one that looks green in regular light and brown under florescent light.
Cool!
I was thinking that it looked like an olive egg with a dark brown wash over it but that's just a wild guess.

Glad to hear that you have some more UofA blues. :)

I don't think it's a North South issue more like valley vs mountains. I'm from dinsmore CA Humboldt co but live in Chico now and I don't consider Chico southern California but it's nothing like my home lol it's about elevation.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom