California - Northern

I have quite a few beautiful Roos for sale. I can bring them to the show in Modesto.

I have in the Orpington breed, chocolate, black split to choc, blue, lavender,then I have a crested cream legbar, barred holland, pita pinta, and polish I have a white, buff laced, and red.

Please pm me if interested and I can send pictures.

TWO LAYING HENS IN SAN JOSE FREE TO GOOD HOME

If anyone in SJ area can pick up two hens, you may be saving their lives! I am a complete idiot. Yesterday we were preparing to leave town and I took the chicken feeder into the garage to dump and wash/dry before refilling cuz it was raining and some of the old feed was damp from the recent rain. Long story short got distracted by my daughter and then ended up leaving without putting it back and not realizing til this morning (when my daughter didn't finish her oatmeal and said we should give it to the chickens).

One is Black Jersey Giant, the other is Americauna. (Brown eggs and light blue eggs). They were hatched Spring 2016. They lay almost every day in the summer and the Americauna layed last winter when I had lights for the coop; the Jersey took a break for about a month. She also took another break last Spring while broody. Both are not laying now but I expect will start again in another month or so, sooner if you have lights. They are free range, I never close their coop and they have door out of my yard so go wherever they want. They've been left home alone for a weeks at a time before and do fine. They get lots of kitchen scraps when we're home, and as much layer pellets as they want (the big bags made by SJ feed company sold at An-Jan) normally.

If anyone is interested, email me thru this forum, I'll tell you my address and you can get them. I'd suggest coming around dusk so they're in the coop. The sooner the better, they were left yesterday morning with just kitchen scraps, and I dunno what percentage of their diet they can find on their own....

If anyone in SJ area can pick up two hens, you may be saving their lives! I am a complete idiot. Yesterday we were preparing to leave town and I took the chicken feeder into the garage to dump and wash/dry before refilling cuz it was raining and some of the old feed was damp from the recent rain. Long story short got distracted by my daughter and then ended up leaving without putting it back and not realizing til this morning (when my daughter didn't finish her oatmeal and said we should give it to the chickens).

One is Black Jersey Giant, the other is Americauna. (Brown eggs and light blue eggs). They were hatched Spring 2016. They lay almost every day in the summer and the Americauna layed last winter when I had lights for the coop; the Jersey took a break for about a month. She also took another break last Spring while broody. Both are not laying now but I expect will start again in another month or so, sooner if you have lights. They are free range, I never close their coop and they have door out of my yard so go wherever they want. They've been left home alone for a weeks at a time before and do fine. They get lots of kitchen scraps when we're home, and as much layer pellets as they want (the big bags made by SJ feed company sold at An-Jan) normally.

If anyone is interested, email me thru this forum, I'll tell you my address and you can get them. I'd suggest coming around dusk so they're in the coop. The sooner the better, they were left yesterday morning with just kitchen scraps, and I dunno what percentage of their diet they can find on their own....
Welcome Cool.gif
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

I hope you find a home for them

We can pick them up & make sure they're well fed! Where are they? And when are you back in town? Text me at 917-723-4181

Last edited:
Ok, this is what a dork I am. Always thought of myself as “Northern Californian,” but I’m from the Bay Area. We do have a Bay Area thread, but I can’t find it!
Anyway...
Who here is feeling super spoiled with our California weather? I keep reading emergency posts about extreme frostbite on wattles and combs, feet frozen solid, water freezing, etc. That is not an issue here. In fact, I thibk this is the least amount of frost I’ve seen in a few years! I am more concerned with mold growth. I am actually seeding my yard with chicken forage seed blend! How about the rest of you? What challenges are you facing and what perks are you enjoying?

Back
Top Bottom