California - Northern

Hi folks! I have an Olandsk dwarf hen determined to be broody; she’s been sitting on eggs that unfortunately have turned out clear. Would anyone near San Francisco Bay Area have chicks to sell? She’s lost too much weight and so far broody breaking ain’t working...
When I have a broody like that, I move them into the garage and put them into a wire rabbit cage. It takes a couple of days or so to break them

I have done what Ron said many times. It works. My stubborn ones can take as long as five days but it does break them. Kern
:thumbsup

It is best for them since being broody is hard on them. Some will sit on rocks for three months and come out skin and bones. Some will die too

We set up food and water right where ours sat so she would eat. Are you sure you want to give her eggs now though? Its pretty cold out there. Our newborns don't like leaving the coop until late in the morning. It might not be an issue as we are in such a nice climate, its our first winter with chickens so I'm not as knowledgeable as others, but just a thought.
Ryn.

Where does everyone buy their turkey poults locally in the Bay Area? Also, what varieties do they usually have in the spring? And price? I LOVEEE Concord Feed Stores but I'm looking for variety or maybe Barnyard Mix possibly.. still working on what variety is best for us for this next year.
-Sav

Back
Top Bottom