California - Northern

Hi there! I'm technically in Central CA- but I didn't find a thread for us central people. Hoping to have some luck here maybe. This is also x-posted in the so-cal thread.

I have 4 hens in need of rehoming, 2 Easter eggers, 1 barred rock, and 1 gold laced wyandotte. These are hens that are dearly loved as family, but unfortunately, we can no longer care for them. I prefer for them to be able to be rehomed together, but I can also split them into groups of 2 if necessary.
The wyandotte and barred rock are about 3 years old and were still producing eggs this summer. The 2 EEs are older and have basically retired from laying.

I am looking for a home that will let them live out their natural lifespan and not butcher them. We are located in Fresno. If interested, I am happy to further discuss and provide pictures!

Hi there! I'm technically in Central CA- but I didn't find a thread for us central people. Hoping to have some luck here maybe. This is also x-posted in the so-cal thread.

I have 4 hens in need of rehoming, 2 Easter eggers, 1 barred rock, and 1 gold laced wyandotte. These are hens that are dearly loved as family, but unfortunately, we can no longer care for them. I prefer for them to be able to be rehomed together, but I can also split them into groups of 2 if necessary.
The wyandotte and barred rock are about 3 years old and were still producing eggs this summer. The 2 EEs are older and have basically retired from laying.

I am looking for a home that will let them live out their natural lifespan and not butcher them. We are located in Fresno. If interested, I am happy to further discuss and provide pictures!
I hope you find a home for them!

I live in Sonoma County and usually describe it as northern California. But I don't subscribe to hard and fast boundaries. I say "northern CA" so that my southeast Louisiana relatives can get some idea of where I live. I tend to think more in regions and microclimates (given I'm a gardener too). Anyway, I'm in Santa Rosa in "wine country" and I'm glad to find this thread of fellow Californians north, central and south!

I live in Sonoma County and usually describe it as northern California. But I don't subscribe to hard and fast boundaries. I say "northern CA" so that my southeast Louisiana relatives can get some idea of where I live. I tend to think more in regions and microclimates (given I'm a gardener too). Anyway, I'm in Santa Rosa in "wine country" and I'm glad to find this thread of fellow Californians north, central and south!
Welcome from Woodland Ca!

I say "northern CA" so that my southeast Louisiana relatives can get some idea of where I live.
😆Understood! We're a big, long state. My brother from Colorado was astonished at how long it took him to drive here from San Francisco the first time he visited. (We're in coastal northern Humboldt County and tell people it's "almost Oregon".) Santa Rosa is the "big city" for us, where people go for medical care just not available for rural folks in the north. (Not enough population and money to support it). Other alternative is Redding. Sonoma wine country is beautiful!

😆Understood! We're a big, long state. My brother from Colorado was astonished at how long it took him to drive here from San Francisco the first time he visited. (We're in coastal northern Humboldt County and tell people it's "almost Oregon".) Santa Rosa is the "big city" for us, where people go for medical care just not available for rural folks in the north. (Not enough population and money to support it). Other alternative is Redding. Sonoma wine country is beautiful!
The trip to Redding is a very pretty trip but rather long.

Back
Top Bottom