California-Southern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Fuzzbutt, Jan 19, 2007.

1. aggiesgirl

aggiesgirl New Egg

Jan 17, 2013
    Hello! I'm new here to BYC...having alot of fun reading everyones entries. Now I will never get anything done, i'ts called procrastination. I live in Riverside, love my silly animals and am dug deeply into paper crafting ( is there an AA for paper addiction?). Question: One of my red chickens is pecking the head of my black and white one and its really awful...any suggestions?

2. aggiesgirl

aggiesgirl New Egg

Jan 17, 2013
    I posted a reply earliar and have no idea where it went. Live in Riverside, family and friends in Norco

3. hillfloweranch

hillfloweranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, California
    Howdee aggiesgirl!!

4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    :welcome to BYC aggiegirl! Once chickens steal your heart NOTHING gets done UNLESS it has to do with the chickens! When they end up living pbetter and eating better than you, THEN you know you got a problem.... hee hee
    Post you head pecking problem on emergencies & illnesses. There is a sticky on the top of that thread you eed to read, cuz we all need ALOT more info in order to be able to help you....LOL
    Many things can cause the pecking.......

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Anyone know of a source of organic hay in Southern California? Thanks!

6. mbiondo

mbiondo Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2012
    Ramona, CA
    My flock is in Ramona, CA. One Cochin rooster (We love him) and six hens. We love them too. Lots of varmitts around, but so far so good.

7. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    :welcome
    Glad you could join us!

8. kian

kian Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancaster, CA
    Welcome to the board! I live in Lancaster and grew up near San Diego so I'm familiar with where a couple of you new friends live!

9. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

MAN, I didn't even know ther was such a thing?

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Hi ladies and gents. Greetings from Buena Park!

I am recently back from the Philippines after transporting some local SoCal eggs 7500 miles and hatching them there. Given the crazy ordeals me and the eggs went through, I was very happy with a hatch rate of just over 50%

The thread of my adventure is: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ck-out-of-here-a-diary-of-a-crazy-chicken-man

I am planning another egg run towards the end of May. I am looking for local big breed eggs to carry over - Jerseys, Orps, Plymouth Rocks or any others. I also will take Silkies and Polish - just because they are so darn cute. I am open to other weird and wonderful breeds as well. I need a few Australorp and Black Copper Maran eggs to breed there as well - I only got one chick out of 8 eggs for each of those breeds I bought on ebay.

One local BYCer is organizing me some Pekin Duck eggs too. (thanks hillfloweranch)

I hope to find eggs less than 5 days old that are local. If anyone out there has eggs that I can buy at a reasonable price, let me know.

[​IMG]Some Filipino citizens of American heritage - brought to the Philippines in my hand carry

[​IMG]The hoverbators with ant-proofing

[​IMG]My new coop

[​IMG] some local teenagers

[​IMG] My local roo

[​IMG] the gooblers and free range local chickens cashing in on a coconut tree we felled two hours earlier for lumber for my coop.

[​IMG] My place in the Philippines where all the action is taking place

[​IMG] Fluffy butts ready for brooder

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by