California-Southern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Fuzzbutt, Jan 19, 2007.

1. SeramaChick

SeramaChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    L.A.
    Anyonein So Cal breeding bantam naked necks? Pm me!

2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Just PMed ya.......

3. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I had a famous breeder ship me eggs that will arrive Thursday. The problem is I requested them to be delivered on March 25!

Being a gentleman, he immediately offered to reship on the correct date.

Now I have 24 each of some of the oldest and purest lines of Barred Plymouth Rocks and White Jersey Giants eggs that I cannot hatch - and they are arriving Thursday

Anybody in southern California needing hatching eggs for hatchalong?

the eggs have a home. thanks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. Do you need ato find a home for him/her?

5. wahmommy

wahmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2010
    Hi, I live in Sherman Oaks, my coop and run are in the shade and my hens have had no problems at all, even on really hot days. They are both Easter Eggers from Privett. Just make sure they have access to water, they'll be fine.

6. SophieL

SophieL Out Of The Brooder

Oh no. She's staying with us! We absolutely ADORE her!!!

7. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    CALLING ALL YOU SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CHICKEN-HEADS >>>> ITS THAT TIME AGAIN !!!! :

THIS is what you’ve all been waiting for >>> the FIRST MEET-UP for 2013..

DATE: SATURDAY, APRIL 6TH

PLACE: NORCO- NEIL SNIPES PARK on the corner of 5th and Hammer

TIME: usually start around 10AM till the cows come home!

WHAT WE DO: TALK "SHOP' BUY / TRADE / SWAP / OOGLE EVERYONES BIRDIES / meet all those people we only know by BYC names
    Bring yer favorite birdies too and let them play in the sun and grass.....we all love to see everyones birds.
    There is a beautiful open air pavillion w/ picnic tables that we use. PLEASE bring yer own lunch and drinks. If you want to share goodies…sell goodies….COOL BEANS!

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
    P.S. Of course doggies are more than welcome to come but please remember they have to be on leash, not all of the birdies are used to dogs..Thank you for your consideration with this....LOL

P.S. If you would kindly RSVP to me so I can sort of figure out how many peeps are coming it would make my day.
    Also post what you have for sale/ for free OR if you are looking for something.
    If anyone was left out in my invites it was NOT intentional......spread the word to everyone AND everyone IS invited!.....LOL

8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

count me in .

9. hillfloweranch

hillfloweranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, California
    Count me in!

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

http://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-U...c1d_gnl&rv=wc1d_e&_af_eid=106252142&_af=event

What I Wish I Knew .... and Raising Chicks

• Saturday, March 16, 2013
      11:00 AM To
      12:00 PM
    • This location is shown only to members
    • When we think about having a backyard flock we think cute clucking hens and beautiful eggs every day. But it doesn't always work out to be the perfect urban farm dream. We have to worry about predators, illness, and the day to day care that they require even with a busy real life schedule. Tyson will discuss his journey and how he's found happiness with his 4 hens despite many challenges.
      After hearing everything, if you are still up for having chickens we'll discuss the pros and cons of starting with chicks rather than getting pullets or adopting an older hen. We'll discuss how to select, find and raise chicks.
      Rainbow Mealworms Farms has generously donated mealworms for your girls for the first 10 people to come.
      More details to come.
      For biosecurity please remember to wear clothes and shoes that have not been exposed to your backyard flock. Or the clothes and shoes should be washed and decontaminated prior to coming. We will have a bleach bath for shoes so plan appropriately

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by