California-Southern

Hey, everyone! I just moved to Long Beach from Chicago last week. I spent my whole life in the Chicago area, so this is a pretty big change for me. But I gotta say, I am loving this weather! I never thought I'd have a sunburn in March.

The only other significant period of time I spent away from Chicago was about two months in North Carolina last year, when I ordered some call duck hatching eggs and ended up hatching one female. She's with me now in Long Beach, as an indoor duck (currently next to me on the couch wearing her diaper), and I'm considering getting her a baby sister.

So, I figured I'd post here to find out if there are any call duck breeders in the greater LA area. I need a female because I can really only get one more duck, and a male would be too demanding on my poor girl, if you know what I mean. I also want to find a very young duckling because imprinting is important to me so I want to do my best to establish myself as a mother to the duck from a young age.

If anyone around here has sexed call ducklings available, I'd love to talk. Plus, I'd like to chat with anyone else locally who has ducks as pets. Maybe we can arrange a play-date!

I dont do ducks but welcome!

Hi all, I'm Denise from Acton, 45 min north of Los Angeles near the Antelope Valley...anyone else out this way?
frow.gif
We're on 3 acres, raise fainting goats and have a small flock of chickens and 2 cats. Also looking to add a few frizzle hens if anyone knows of anyone within an hours drive from here. I work in the Burbank area if anyone is near there as well. Thanks!

Hello All,

I'm from Tujunga, CA (North of Glendale) and I'm looking to setup a cycle of raising my own chickens for meat. I am looking for a steady supply of fertile eggs at reasonable prices. If you are close by and have fertile eggs from healthy chickens that you'd like to sell please let me know. I am not too picky on the breeds as long as they have a decent amount of meat on them.

Thanks!

Alex

Hi all, I'm Denise from Acton, 45 min north of Los Angeles near the Antelope Valley...anyone else out this way?
frow.gif
We're on 3 acres, raise fainting goats and have a small flock of chickens and 2 cats. Also looking to add a few frizzle hens if anyone knows of anyone within an hours drive from here. I work in the Burbank area if anyone is near there as well. Thanks!
hillflowerranch is from Acton

welcome

Last edited:
I have incubators hatching this weekend. The eggs are looking great.

I will be selling the following

Buff Brahma large fowl $3
Golden Campines $4
Salmon Faveroles $4
Swedish Flower Hen $10

They will be straight run and day old when sold

pm me if interested.

I have incubators hatching this weekend. The eggs are looking great.

I will be selling the following

Buff Brahma large fowl $3
Golden Campines $4
Salmon Faveroles $4
Swedish Flower Hen $10

They will be straight run and day old when sold

pm me if interested.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom