CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

BigDaddysMom you need to come and finish what I've started in my yard. Love the pics.

OK Kim's black cloud, strikes again!

I won an auction on eBay a few days ago for 30 FBCM eggs. The box showed up today wrapped in brown plastic with a shipping sticker holding it together. First it had a thin piece of bubble wrap that must have ben over the top at one time and a few paper towels. Thank goodness the towels were in there to sop up the mess. Nothing between the eggs and the box on the sides or bottom. I ended up with 14 eggs and I just know these will probably do nothing, but I had been putting some money aside to order them and I'll set them anyway. I sent a message to the seller and I tried to be as nice as I could. I thought maybe he had another auction going for 18 eggs and got them mixed up. It could happen! I also offered to give him some pointers on shipping. Haven't heard back yet, but only sent the messgae about an hour ago. He doesn't have any other auction going right now, so I hope I don't have to post my second negative feedback. I just need him to honor my purchase. It's kind of hard to mistake 23 for 30 and then send a message it had been shipped. With extras!

I did get another shipment of Davis BFCMs and BCMs. That order was for 10 and I got 2 extras. I almost forgot that some were Blue and the color was so different from what I get from my birds, I thought it was a different breed. LOL Hopefully these will go. Oh, but one extra is definately a pullet egg. So cute, I alsmot want to blow it out and decorate it. LOL But who knows, maybe it will hatch too. I sure hopr something hatches.

There were only 23 in there and only 14 that *made* it? I would post negative feedback too...That is why I would be very hesitant to buy hatching eggs from ebay. I will buy all sorts of things from ebay but not eggs hehe. Have you ladies ever tried ordering from Bev Davis?

Quote:
well, this isn't quite the black cloud we're used to. Between all the things that happen to you and people talking about back problems I wince everytime I get an email notification for this thread. I hope you got your security installed, those little @#$@%^*@#s would have gotten a 2x4 from me if i found them doing half the stuff they did to you. on your auction, if you paid by paypal and he didn't send you the right amount you can get a refund, not sure if they'd prorate it or give you the whole bang.

If you guys want a little good news, i'm finally starting work on sunday at a call center, after being unemployed for over a year. It'll be nice to earn some money to buy some chickens at stockton, hope to see you guys there. I'll be looking for some W/BW ameraucana pullets and i'm trying to trade some of my little cockerels, I have pictures here https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=100537-ameraucanas they'll be about 3 months old. I'd also be willing to trade my blue and black pullets for w/bw pullets, theres some pics in there too. When I had them all sexed out my plan was to trade away my w/bw but they are such nice birds, I hesitate to even trade the little roos, but alas I need fresh blood.

Congrats on the new job! I have had only part time work and that was last summer (since graduating college in Dec 2010) and I'm waiting on a substitute position to start. I want to start making money again! I hope you find the right chickens at the show. I'm still uncertain about going.

I've ordered lots of eggs from eBay and have very few problems and some nice birds from my hatches. Just not to happy right now, but I'm willing to let someone make it right first. We'll see.

At the moment my biggest issue is my car. I hope I can get whatever is wrong with it now done, for not too much. On a positive note, I can feel the diference in my transmission. So much smoother. But since I had 2 gaskets leaking, one oil and one tranny, who knows what went out because of them. AThe 2 codes that come up can be so many different things. My mechanic has several cars to finish today and tomorrow, so he printed out the codes and information and he's going to study those and then check things on monday. He said the positive things is none of them have to do with transmission. LOL Thank goodness. I could buy a nice used car for what that would cost. He says it's running lean and can mean a few things, so hopefully it's a minor problem. OH yeah. We're talking about something that has to do with me, so I won't hold my breath.

Congrats on the new job! What a great thing to happen before the show. Perfect timing!

Yay!!! Congrats on getting a job UncleTommy!

hide.gif
Sorry everyone about the descriptions of the discogram. That kind of stuff fascinates me and once the painful part is over I pretty much forget about it. You all are too good at visualization. But boy what empathy!!! You folks are awesome!
grouphugg.gif

Kim I forgot what birds you are bringing me to the show. PM me the details (breeds, ages, number and cost). Thanks!
smile.png
Good luck with the car!

Last edited:
Quote:
Me Kim???

I have OEs hatched Dec 1st and a couple left from about a week before that. I have 7 total, so let me know what you want.

Took my car for a little test drive. The warning went off, but the engine light stayed on. Went to watch my grandson get placed on a basketball team and when we all left, the engine light was off. Hopefully it reset. Once we figure out what the 2 codes that show up are connected to, I can get those done and my baby will run like new. Better already since they replaced the gaskets. The lights were bugging me though. After it's done there's a place in Stockton where there are parts just for Jags. Matter of fact it's called Jag or Jaguar Heaven. Only have 2 things cosmetic to replace and she'll be all prettied up and running like a new car. YIPPY!!!

I decided to wait until tomorrow night to set the eggs that came today. The one box was perfect, but might as well let them set with the others in case I have loose aircells. Still no word from the seller. I sure hope he answers tomorrow sometime. I think I'm being more than fair. I mean not only were they broken but short 7 eggs. Not good, but my mind is a mess, so I have to give anyone else a chance to fix things too.

Quote:
Me Kim???

I have OEs hatched Dec 1st and a couple left from about a week before that. I have 7 total, so let me know what you want.

Took my car for a little test drive. The warning went off, but the engine light stayed on. Went to watch my grandson get placed on a basketball team and when we all left, the engine light was off. Hopefully it reset. Once we figure out what the 2 codes that show up are connected to, I can get those done and my baby will run like new. Better already since they replaced the gaskets. The lights were bugging me though. After it's done there's a place in Stockton where there are parts just for Jags. Matter of fact it's called Jag or Jaguar Heaven. Only have 2 things cosmetic to replace and she'll be all prettied up and running like a new car. YIPPY!!!

I decided to wait until tomorrow night to set the eggs that came today. The one box was perfect, but might as well let them set with the others in case I have loose aircells. Still no word from the seller. I sure hope he answers tomorrow sometime. I think I'm being more than fair. I mean not only were they broken but short 7 eggs. Not good, but my mind is a mess, so I have to give anyone else a chance to fix things too.

Yay that's great progress! Sorry, keep forgetting to add your initial or something to avoid confusion. Yes, you. Well with OEs you will be able to sex them really early right? I want 3-4 pullets. What else ya got?
big_smile.png

I still need a pm for prices. Don't want to get you in trouble by asking you to post prices here.

Quote:
Me Kim???

Yay that's great progress! Sorry, keep forgetting to add your initial or something to avoid confusion. Yes, you. Well with OEs you will be able to sex them really early right? I want 3-4 pullets. What else ya got?
big_smile.png

I still need a pm for prices. Don't want to get you in trouble by asking you to post prices here.

All of them but one are pullets! I got so lucky! There are 5 younger ones and one from the older hatch. Pretty close in size, but haven't combined them yet. I need to do that this coming week. The other chicks are bantams and I know you want LF. To bad these eggs (if they hatch) won't be due until after the show. I have FBCM, BCM and Splash to hatch. Hoping for a couple of blues. Price? hahaha If my hatches stink I may need a couple of FBCM pullets down the line. I've had some help lately from someone here or I would be so behind. This is my pay it forward deal. Besides, I had Clyde all this time and look what you went through to get him to me. I miss that crazy bird. He was just getting to be a little mellowed out and easier to be around. Figures.

Quote:
big_smile.png

All of them but one are pullets! I got so lucky! There are 5 younger ones and one from the older hatch. Pretty close in size, but haven't combined them yet. I need to do that this coming week. The other chicks are bantams and I know you want LF. To bad these eggs (if they hatch) won't be due until after the show. I have FBCM, BCM and Splash to hatch. Hoping for a couple of blues. Price? hahaha If my hatches stink I may need a couple of FBCM pullets down the line. I've had some help lately from someone here or I would be so behind. This is my pay it forward deal. Besides, I had Clyde all this time and look what you went through to get him to me. I miss that crazy bird. He was just getting to be a little mellowed out and easier to be around. Figures.

Awwww, thanks!! I will keep you in mind for a couple quality pullets later down the road then. I have some chicks coming from Wynette in spring and her egg color is gorgeous! I can hardly wait! From her stock and the ones I have now from Debbie I will keep the darkest egg layers. My whole project is a dark egg project, as you know, so I could have an SQ bird that would be a cull for me if she doesn't lay a super dark egg. If you want to wait until I get closer to my goal for a real dark egg layer let me know and I will keep you on the list for when I get my project closer to my goal.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom