CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Hi! im from hacienda hts. I was wondering if anyone has orpington or barred rock chicks?

Welcome to this Thread
smile.png

Wolftracks will add you to the list of members. Also, let us know if you are a Poultry Breeder

Ron

Last edited:
Hi! im from hacienda hts. I was wondering if anyone has orpington or barred rock chicks?

You've been added to the first post and welcome to the California thread. What Ron's Freudian slip meant! Was if you are a breeder and you'd like your information added just look at the first post to see how it's all listed and then post in the thread and I'll add your information.

I still only have 2 chicks out from my hatch. I'm so upset. My temps hit 104 and my humidity plunged.
hit.gif

I think these 2 will be ok, but when I went to help one that had been pipped a few hours, it hadn't made it. So I have 46 eggs I'm sitting here hoping I didn't kill off. I'm so upset that I may have killed them all.

Been missing 2 girls the past couple of weeks. They were in the yard while I have several breeds together. They are the ONLY 2 that can fly the fence to the neighbor's yard and I knew what they were doing cause the one (Mom of the pullet) has done this before. Makayla came running in asking why chicks were loose in the backyard, so I knew it had to be one of them. Yep, got 8 little babies and I see 4 baby daddy's. I know dogs can have multiple fathers so now I know for sure that a chicken can too. I see Wellie, 2 colors of AMs and FBCM in there. Not one of the chicks is from my project roo. The HUSSY! I lost a lot of broody chicks last year, so I let her keep one and I spent a little while chasing down 7 of them. Man are they loud! This miss their momma.

Kim if you have the temp lowered I think the others should be okay you only have dozens to put in for the Easter hatch have you figured out why the spike? I'm waiting on a thermostat for mine it wouldn't turn as it was only getting to 98. GQF Fed Exed it Tuesday afternoon and it hasn't shown up yet I sure hope it comes tomorrow...on a better note my chicks from Dick Horstman have been shipped beautiful LF Partridge Rocks...I hope they show up Saturday I'm pretty excited gotta put together my new brooder and get it running going to work out great they'll be ready to go in the stall when the Easter hatch is done but I'm going to have to figure out how I'm brooding all the chicks from Easter if they all hatch. I'll have plenty of Blue Coppers and Blue Birchens hatching and I have orders from 2 stores too that incubator needs to pay for it's self.....

Kim if you have the temp lowered I think the others should be okay you only have dozens to put in for the Easter hatch have you figured out why the spike? I'm waiting on a thermostat for mine it wouldn't turn as it was only getting to 98. GQF Fed Exed it Tuesday afternoon and it hasn't shown up yet I sure hope it comes tomorrow...on a better note my chicks from Dick Horstman have been shipped beautiful LF Partridge Rocks...I hope they show up Saturday I'm pretty excited gotta put together my new brooder and get it running going to work out great they'll be ready to go in the stall when the Easter hatch is done but I'm going to have to figure out how I'm brooding all the chicks from Easter if they all hatch. I'll have plenty of Blue Coppers and Blue Birchens hatching and I have orders from 2 stores too that incubator needs to pay for it's self.....

Don't forget I want more blues!

Temps are down and I have the humidity up. I sure hope I haven'r ruined all those eggs. I have no idea what happened. Tems have been holding great and I am always using that bator as a hatcher. Hope your's get fixed quick. And congrats on the babies.

awww Look at my babies! I may have to depend on broodies if I have anymore incubator problems. Sorry but they are so cute and she did such a good job hatching out 8 and getting them home. She's in a nesting box right outside the back door with chickie number 8. She hears the others and I get the old stink eye when I walk out to look at her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom