CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Lost the lavender
hit.gif

When I dropped my AM roo at the auction the otherday (btw way I was right, made 5bucks. lol), I had to be there before dropping Makayla at school and all of a sudden she yells "GRANDMA GUINEAS!!" She was so excited and asked me to go back and get them. I didn't, because my neighbors are tolerant enough of all my roos. My first guineas though I did get at the auction years ago. They were lavenders and I loved them. Keep hoping my dream of my house with some land comes true so I can get them again.

I'm having humidity issues with the Sportsman again. I don't get it. I have a hatch that was due yesterday and I noticed it was at 54% and I like it between 57% and 62%, so went to add water and saw a zipped egg. It looked dead and went I pulled it out to make sure, the membrane was like plaster. Someone said it may have been an egg within an egg, but it was a blue egg and the inside was tight and wrinkled into the form of the chick, but I could literally tape on it and it was hard. Never seen anything like it. Can't wait till I can get this thing fixed. I'm losing way to many eggs and they are formed chicks. I'm going to be moving the eggs to one of the LGs just to see if that helps.

When I dropped my AM roo at the auction the otherday (btw way I was right, made 5bucks. lol), I had to be there before dropping Makayla at school and all of a sudden she yells "GRANDMA GUINEAS!!" She was so excited and asked me to go back and get them. I didn't, because my neighbors are tolerant enough of all my roos. My first guineas though I did get at the auction years ago. They were lavenders and I loved them. Keep hoping my dream of my house with some land comes true so I can get them again.

I'm having humidity issues with the Sportsman again. I don't get it. I have a hatch that was due yesterday and I noticed it was at 54% and I like it between 57% and 62%, so went to add water and saw a zipped egg. It looked dead and went I pulled it out to make sure, the membrane was like plaster. Someone said it may have been an egg within an egg, but it was a blue egg and the inside was tight and wrinkled into the form of the chick, but I could literally tape on it and it was hard. Never seen anything like it. Can't wait till I can get this thing fixed. I'm losing way to many eggs and they are formed chicks. I'm going to be moving the eggs to one of the LGs just to see if that helps.

I've never seen anything like that either. That's so sad.
sad.png
hugs.gif

I hope this hatch isn't all messed up. I'm going to my daughter's in a couple of hours to watch my grand baby and make sure there are no parties.
big_smile.png
It's not that far, so I'm going to come back tonight and check humidty and the animals then again in the morning and tomorrow evening. I have backup after that and her friend and her husband will be there to take over. I've been goin g through a bunch of things and for some reason I pulled a little to much out yesterday. hmmm Thought I'd be coming back to a more organized house, but NOPE! OK gonna check to make waterers are filled and run.

Kim I am I sorry you are having so many issues! I have been there! What's the deal with your sportsman? The last 4 hatches I have had in my sportsman I have gotten 100% hatches (all that make it into the hatching tray have hatched). There is a guy in Ceres (Rocha's feed) that can fix sportsmans.

Back
Top Bottom