CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

My vote is the Wyandotte is the pink-ish & the sex link is the copper. Have you seen the flats of brown eggs at Costco? How do they do that???? LOL
Karen in Turlock

Last edited:
Are we having a swap at Cheryl's too? I have pullets of various breeds 2-3 months old and a few just starting to lay of course those are older 6 months and some turkey poults let me know if there is a thread started

Are we having a swap at Cheryl's too? I have pullets of various breeds 2-3 months old and a few just starting to lay of course those are older 6 months and some turkey poults let me know if there is a thread started
Hy Denny,
Do you have any Palm poults???? I probably asked when you were here & have just forgotten...LOL

Denny I need a couple of blue Marans or blue coppers. Got any available?

I'm probably not going to be able to attend, but I'll be there in spirit.

Chicken diaper from Louise's Country Closet
big_smile.png

I wish I was better at chicken colors. I have to find out what color Snack is.

I went out this afternoon to put bottles of ice in with the rabbits. My poor little fluffy babies get so hot as it is and this heat is awful. I was half way through and heard peeping, so I ran to see what my 2 broodies had for me. They're still sitting. hmmmmm Then I look on the side of the house and there my little black OEGB with 2 chicks. One black on and one chipmunk that's going to look like Snack. So I have 2 tiny OEGBs running around the yard. Momma has always had an attitude. She's never sat eggs before and I had her when Bill was alive, so she's been here a while. Man is she brutal. I was more affraid of scooping those chicks up than with any of my LF. Anyway I didn't expect chicks right now and ended up giving them back to her. Here's the weird part though. I see her in the yard all the time. She roosts at night, so how she hatched out those chicks I have no idea, but I may give her some more eggs.

I have 3 little OEGB's that turned one month on the 8th. 2 cockerels and a pullet
th.gif

You can color sex them; the ones with lighter chipmunk stripes on their heads are the cockerels, the ones with dark chipmunk markings are pullets.

Back
Top Bottom